MPH CANADA FALL 2012 APPLICANTS

niche22

I also received an acceptance email from SFU yesterday for the Environmental and Occupational Health stream. So it looks like they do separate them, at least when sending out the emails.

Hey linten, I'm curious about the Waterloo acceptance (congrats!). Doesn't seem like there were many of us who applied for Waterloo MPH - could you provide anything you might know, e.g. did your status change on the website? I was pretty hopeful for Waterloo but now I'm thinking I might need to change my expectations?

And I'd really like to wish everyone else with good news a big warm congratulations!

Hi everyone!

I got accepted to Waterloo via a phone call about a few weeks ago and just recently got an e-mail confirming my acceptance. Today, I got waitlisted at SFU via e-mail. Did anyone get waitlisted there? How can I tell what my rank on the waitlist is?

I am still waiting on: UofT, WesternU, Guelph, UBC, UVictoria, UAlberta, QueensU (still handing in application due March31) and Memorial University.

For those of you who get accepted to UofT did they change your status online from Review to Decision Made?

Congratulations for all the acceptances! All the best everyone.

Hey linten, I'm curious about the Waterloo acceptance (congrats!). Doesn't seem like there were many of us who applied for Waterloo MPH - could you provide anything you might know, e.g. did your status change on the website? I was pretty hopeful for Waterloo but now I'm thinking I might need to change my expectations?

And I'd really like to wish everyone else with good news a big warm congratulations!

Hey MPHeh, I received the official admission email from Waterloo yesterday (the unofficial phone call was almost 4 weeks ago). Now my online status has changed and I have the option to accept or decline their offer. This is the first round of admissions and more offers will go out based on how many people accept, so I wouldn't write off your chances completely. All the best!

Hey MPHeh, I received the official admission email from Waterloo yesterday (the unofficial phone call was almost 4 weeks ago). Now my online status has changed and I have the option to accept or decline their offer. This is the first round of admissions and more offers will go out based on how Manley people accept, so I wouldn't write off your chances completely. All the best!

Hey Linten! Congratulations on your acceptance! Do you know when the deadline to accept/ decline is for Waterloo?

Just wanted to let people know that I've received my acceptance letter today in the mail from U of T - epi.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations Epi! Did you get a previous email prior to the mailed letter? Also did your status online change?

Do you mind sharing your stats and experiences with us? Or you can private me.

Thank you!

I just had a 10min telephone interview with Alberta today! Pretty basic and simple! If you're preparing for it, make sure you know what the program you're going into is about and what you can bring to the program! typical interview questions.. I was asked 4/5 questions

Congratulations Epi! Did you get a previous email prior to the mailed letter? Also did your status online change?

Do you mind sharing your stats and experiences with us? Or you can private me.

Thank you!

Congratz to Globule and epi2012, out of curiosity, what are your stats and experience like? :)

Thank you misgengen & MPHopeful!

@MPHopeful - I didn't receive an e-mail before the letter in the mail; however, I received an email requesting for official transcripts. When I looked at my online application, the status had changed to "decision made". I received the letter in the mail 2 days after.

Here are my stats/experiences I had highlighted in my application:

• Last year of undergraduate degree (cGPA 3.75/4), public health-related thesis;
  • Co-I/research coordinator on multiple studies at a teaching hospital (3.5 years)/RA at a research lab in University (2.5 years);
  • Authorship on conference posters, abstracts, book chapter and manuscripts;
  • Reviewer for grant applications submitted to a health unit;
  • Member of a youth engagement initiative at a health unit;
  • Misc activities in University (i.e., student mentor, peer health promoter, other "health-focused" clubs).

I also had very strong letters of reference (one reference from the Dalla Lana School) and a well-tailored letter of intent specific to U of T's program.

Good luck.

Edited by Epi2012

Hey Linten! Congratulations on your acceptance! Do you know when the deadline to accept/ decline is for Waterloo?

Thank you!

Good question - it was a little unclear to me at first. The official letter on Quest is dated March 9, but I only received the official email about it on March 15. In the letter it says that I have to accept within 2 weeks of the offer. I'm guessing the offer date is March 9 so that makes the deadline March 23. It's less time than I had expected and might make things a little difficult since I'm waiting for the official offer from McGill.

Edited by linten

Did anyone who applied to the Environmental and Occupational Health stream at U of A hear back from them or receive an interview request? I was wondering if they have only gone through the Global Health applications so far.

Piccku and all who has been accepted at SFU Global Health should please post the deadline date to Accept or Decline. Thank you.

Hey I haven't received the official acceptance letter yet. So I don't know. This is what they emailed me:

"We are pleased to inform you that we are recommending to the Dean of Graduate Studies that you be admitted to the MPH - Global Health in the Faculty of Health Sciences at Simon Fraser University. You can expect to receive a formal offer of admission by email in the next few weeks."

I received this email on March 13.

Thank you!

Good question - it was a little unclear to me at first. The official letter on Quest is dated March 9, but I only received the official email about it on March 15. In the letter it says that I have to accept within 2 weeks of the offer. I'm guessing the offer date is March 9 so that makes the deadline March 23. It's less time than I had expected and might make things a little difficult since I'm waiting for the official offer from McGill.

Thank you! Ok I just saw the quest letter now. Yes you seem to be right. It is such a short time as I am waiting to hear from several other schools. Do you think if we accept we can decline later or are you aware of any payments that must be made at time of acceptance?

For those of you interested, they have also asked for an official transcript to be sent- so the acceptance is conditional until they have received an official transcript. Which I will be sending now hopefully it gets there on time!

Edited by MPHopeful

I got accepted to waterloo MPH fall 2012 as well! I accepted it!! Does anyone know what happens next? Do they send you an information package about course selection, foundations etc? Feel free to email me if you want to chat <sleepychika@gmail.com>.

thanks everyone :)

Also admitted to sfu population health! Congrats to everybody else who got in and good luck to those still waiting.

Congrats! Is this your first choice school? Do you mind sharing your gpa and experiences? Youuu may PM me. Thanks :)