What do your days look like?

ewurgler

A typical day...

Wake up at 7-8. Check admission results on gradcafe and decision status. Check email hoping I wasn't sent the now infamous UCLA midnight email. Take a shower. Check email. Get dressed. Check email and admission results.

Go to the canteen for breakfast. Eat in 15 minutes. Go back to my room and check voicemail, email, gradcafe and decision status. Go to class from 9:45 to 11:00. Come back and anxiously check voicemail, email, gradcafe and decision status.

Work on my thesis and refresh inbox every 2 minutes. Check decision status and gradcafe every 5-10 minutes.

Go for lunch at 12. Eat in 20 min. Come back and anxiously check all of the above. Do some more thesis work, try finishing a paper, check email, gradcafe and decision status every 5 minutes, waste time on Facebook, etc. until 6pm.

6pm. Dinner -- 20 min. Come back and do the ritual -- voicemail, email, gradcafe, decision status. I only applied to UCLA, so 6:30pm where I live is 9:30am there. Update my FB status to "Good morning, L.A.!" Check gradcafe, email and decision status every 2 minutes. Watch House or Dexter in the meantime. Some days go to the gym, worrying I might get an email while away. Then come back, check voicemail, email, gradcafe and admission status. This goes on until 3am (6pm PST), when I go to bed.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to love going on Facebook to check how others were doing. It would inform me when others were sick, celebrating a birthday, or out of town. Now... all I check for is the status updates that say, "I got into grad school!" I do that three or four times a day. :) I also try to concentrate on work but it's super hard these days. I hope I get in. *crosses fingers*

4:00am - Wake up for the final time (I'm an insomniac) and convince self it's better to just get up. Then make a pot of coffee, check email, phone, facebook, and revel that nothing has changed since I last checked at 2am.

5:00am - Shower & Get Ready while cranked out on a pot of coffee...

6:00am - Start checking email again.

7:00am - Make second pot of coffee and visit the Grad Cafe.

8:00am - Put clothing on.

9:00am - Continue procrastinating

9:30am - Head to school.

10:00am - Check email at school and post on message boards abound...

11:00am - Class.

12:00pm - Get food for my boss and myself.

1:00pm - 4:30pm - Check Grad Cafe & youtube; at 2:30pm go to work and continue all that right there at my computer terminal until 4:30.

5:00pm - Get dinner for boss and myself.

6:00pm - 8:30pm - Sit in boss's office and let him pontificate aloud to me until he gets bored of that.

9:00pm - Say goodnight to boss as we leave to respected vehicles. Chit chat on way to vehicles. Wait until he asks me to call him in a half an hour...

9:30pm - Call boss for 10 minute conversation about nothing, laugh, note we'll see each other in the morning, hang up.

9:40pm - Wonder, for about twenty minutes, why he has me call him every night for a ten minute conversation when we spend ALL DAY together doing whatever it is that we do...

10:00pm - 2:30am - Fail to figure out answer to above question and commence with email/message board checking. Then drug myself with sleep aids to try and convince my brain it is tired. Fall asleep on couch for an hour... Wake up and check email...

Manage to get to sleep around 2:30 in the morning and wake up around 4am to repeat...

:?