2012 Applicant Profiles and Admission Results

InquilineKea

• 2 weeks later...

I got another rejection yesterday. I received a letter in the mail from SMU. Congrats to those that were accepted. I'm still waiting on Tex A&M, Rice and Oklahoma. Has Anyone heard from any of these programs. I know there was one poster that got acceted to TAMU for a PhD but are there any others. I realize that this probably means that I'm rejected from all three but there are still alot of people getting accepted still. I want to keep hope alive but don't want to be crushed when the enevitable happens. I would like to know what's happening but I get the feeling that calling or emailing them to find out may be the wrong move. Any advice or info out there?

Thanks

I agree with hope, call or shoot them an email. It's certainly reasonable to inquire at this point and at least they will know you are still interested. It seemed like a lot of the geoscience programs were running a bit behind this year. My acceptance came about a week after the 15th with apologies for the delay that there had been delays in the budget or something like that. Maybe it is the same for other schools. I still have one I haven't heard back from, not that it will matter at this point but all the same. Best of luck to you, I hope you get good news:)

• 3 months later...

I'm going crazy here waiting to hear back from 2 schools on whether I've been accepted and 1 school on whether I'll be funded!

hey, i was wondering if you could reply with your gpa, gre scores, and other things you did to get admission to univ. of kansas because i am planning on applying to ku to study petroleum systems/sedimentology