2009 Acceptance

smt

Has anyone applied to any UK programs, such as University College London or others? Any idea when they usually send admissions decisions? I'm hoping it is not way after April 15.

Good luck to everyone!

Kansas and Oregon, I was told for sure hadn't met yet. I'm not sure about Washington or UIUC, though.

There was that notice that someone had been accepted at UIUC a few weeks ago. It's weird if they make their PhD and Masters decisions so far apart, though. Or maybe that's normal. Still, seems like the committee should have met already.

There was that notice that someone had been accepted at UIUC a few weeks ago. It's weird if they make their PhD and Masters decisions so far apart, though. Or maybe that's normal. Still, seems like the committee should have met already.

I'm starting to feel like I MUST be waitlisted at UIUC or something, because of that post a while back. Also, it sounded like that person was getting a prestigious fellowship of some kind, so they may have been a top recruit, or something? I don't really know, I just really want to know where I'm going to be so I can mentally prepare myself for the move!!! :D Oregon is on the quarter system, which I think is why they haven't met yet...their website says April 1st, which is killing me.

Sorry to hear it, Daniel! Hope we all have better luck with the schools we're still waiting on.

Weekends make it all that much worse as few programs notify over them-- gah, who needs a break?! :wink:

UCSB is just my dream school :wink: ,so the result is expected.

Wish we could get more good news later.

I'm starting to feel like I MUST be waitlisted at UIUC or something, because of that post a while back. Also, it sounded like that person was getting a prestigious fellowship of some kind, so they may have been a top recruit, or something? I don't really know, I just really want to know where I'm going to be so I can mentally prepare myself for the move!!! :D Oregon is on the quarter system, which I think is why they haven't met yet...their website says April 1st, which is killing me.

Well, UW is quarter system too...but maybe they feel like they have to get into it sooner to compete for top students that are sure to already be contemplating their acceptences elsewhere. But I haven't heard a peep from UW. Who knows? Maybe there really is ZERO method to this madness!

It is probably good news that you haven't heard from UW yet, because I got my rejection yesterday, and it seems like a lot of people did!!! :)

Also, there deadline was Dec 15, whereas Oregon's was Feb 1st. I'm starting to lean towards no method to the madness, though. I just want it to be over!

I guess that could mean good news from UW. Now I see someone was accepted to U of A and I also didn't hear anything. This could all just mean that I have a last name towards the end of the alphabet.

Now I see someone was accepted to U of A and I also didn't hear anything. This could all just mean that I have a last name towards the end of the alphabet.

I have no support for you other than I am also waiting on U of A and didn't hear anything today either. I'm sitting on a bunch of great offers but I really want to hear from there before I do any serious thinking. Of course.. my name is at the start of the alphabet! I guess I can't start a theory of "maybe they are just working backwards...." good luck!

I have no support for you other than I am also waiting on U of A and didn't hear anything today either. I'm sitting on a bunch of great offers but I really want to hear from there before I do any serious thinking. Of course.. my name is at the start of the alphabet! I guess I can't start a theory of "maybe they are just working backwards...." good luck!

Might I ask from where did your great offers come?

My new theory about the U of A waiting game is that the person who posted received notice by email and was an International student. Perhaps they post mail folks in the country and email the rest. If it gets you through the day without checking your email every 10 minutes, I say it's a good theory.

I think all theories are good until proven otherwise!

I've got 'great' (and by great I just mean funding at places that I would be very happy to attend) at UGA, Iowa and MSU. Speaking of amazing funding packages though.. to whoever posted their stipend at Indiana yesterday- good work! that is quite an impressive sum for geography!

I think all theories are good until proven otherwise!

I've got 'great' (and by great I just mean funding at places that I would be very happy to attend) at UGA, Iowa and MSU. Speaking of amazing funding packages though.. to whoever posted their stipend at Indiana yesterday- good work! that is quite an impressive sum for geography!

MSU=Michigan State?

I'm finishing my undergrad here right now in the geography department. If you have any questions or anything about faculty/East Lansing/the dpeartment in general, you can private message me! Obviously, I can't give you a grad student's view, but I do work closely with one of our faculty, and I know quite a few grad students/the grad advisor/the grad secretary. :)

First of all, Arizona just met this week. Second, they sent emails to US applicants last year. The notifications were around March 20 last year, I think. I would be skeptical of anyone that got in last week... Third, the admissions with funding situation at Arizona is pretty bleak.

Hope that helps.

Just receive admission with funding this week. TA+TW

Hmm, I received my admission awhile back. :( Do you think funding went to all of the PhDs before they gave those of us who applied for a masters a shot?

Do you already have a masters?

Hmm, I received my admission awhile back. :( Do you think funding went to all of the PhDs before they gave those of us who applied for a masters a shot?

Do you already have a masters?

I have no idea how they allocate the funding. I will receive my master hopefully this summer.

Ok, I couldn't stay away till the first...

I guess no one wants to talk about Vegas, Hal. :| I won't be going either since I'll still be in the field a few thousand miles away.

Was that you that got into AZ? Whoever it was, congrats...it's a great program and I knew it would be tough getting in this year.

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from half the schools they applied to?