Official Television thread

ewurgler

I loved CSI, Criminal Minds, and all the rest of the "crime procedurals". My favorite, FOX's The Inside, unfortunately had a very brief run.

My roommate is a big fan of Family Guy, The Simpsons, South Park, and the like, and I have to admit they're pretty funny.

Hannah Montana, though, is my ultimate guilty TV pleasure.

YES. I've been re-watching Season 1 and also the new seasons of LOST and The L Word. When I have time, that is.

The L Word is great for me right now because there are so many seasons to get through so it will kill a good chunk of time! Also, I watched Season 5 first and then 1, which was really interesting given the overlap between the two seasons w/the movie thing. What season are you watching?

Most of the greats that have already been mentioned:

Always sunny in Philadelphia

Curb your Enthusiasm

Dexter

the wire

the Office

Arrested Development

30 rock

Flight of the Conchords

Some favorites of mine that haven't been mentioned yet:

Spaced (Uk series made by Simon Pegg- guy who made 'Shaun of the dead' and 'Hot Fuzz')

Extras (by Ricky Gervais/ mastermind of the original office/i think it is the best series ever made)

Home Movies | Lucy, Daughter of the Devil | Drinky Crow | Superjail (all innovative animated shows)

Kenny vs. Spenny

Has no one mentioned Firefly yet? How could I have left Firefly off my list!

Fox's biggest mistake ever: canceling that show.

I love Firefly, but kept it off the list because I've never actually seen it broadcast. I joined the cult late, once I bought the DVDS.

I am considering doing a Firefly/Serenity marathon soon. Start at 9-10 AM and watch them all in order with 10 minute breaks in-between.

I love Firefly, but kept it off the list because I've never actually seen it broadcast. I joined the cult late, once I bought the DVDS.

Yeah, me too. Still worth mentioning, I thought.

Did everyone who listed "The Office" watch the new one after the Superbowl? It was SO good!! It sure needed to be, too - the episode before it really sucked (Hilary Swank: hot or not?).

• 1 month later...

Oh my god, yes, let's resuscitate this thread. Good times. I am such a TV junkie--I'll watch anything, really. But my favorites? Fawlty Towers (belongs to the category of "Old School, British, and Awesome"), The Riches (sadly dead now, but I loved it), Mad Men, Big Love, Dexter, West Wing. I also really liked the first season of Flight of the Conchords, and I'm a hopeless fan of Ugly Betty. I liked season 1 Grey's, and seasons 1 and 2 of The L Word (god that show died way before it was actually canceled--sad, really). I will go anywhere Anthony Bourdain goes, and I love cooking reality shows. Can't help but be amused by Top Model (I used to have a drinking game where anytime someone said "fierce" we'd all take a shot--the game's retired now after one episode featured a record-breaking sixteen times and one after another, we scrawny ladies gave up utterly); used to love Project Runway; I'm a newcomer to LOST (I'm only halfway through season 2), but I like it a lot. I also thoroughly love Gossip Girl. Oh, and Meerkat Manor was god, although I haven't been able to watch it since my favorite meerkat died!