OGS Status Update Anyone?

tomj

Just thought I would let people know that they are now moving people from the waitlist to the successful list.

I received an email indicating I was successful today, but no change to my status on the website.

Biological Sciences - Environmental Science

I too just received an OGS off the waitlist!

I don't believe they'll be updating the online accounts anymore. You have to physically fill out the acceptance form and return by fax, email or mail.

"As you are aware, you have been placed on the waiting list for the 2012-2013 Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) competition. I am pleased to inform you that you have been moved from the waiting list to the successful list, and are being offered an OGS award for the 2012-2013 competition. Congratulations!"

After freaking out about OSAP and then fixing OSAP and signing those forms, and then seeing this email in my account today.. I'm.... shaking my head... in both a face-palm/celebratory fashion.

Good luck to the rest waiting on the list- I hope you get this email too! I just checked my OGS account and the account hasn't update the info yet.

For the OGS, do I apply for 3 terms if I work in the lab for the full year

Thanks

I think a good guideline is that if you are paying tuition (and thus a student) for the 3 terms/full year, then you apply for the award for 3 terms/full year. You don't actually have to be working in the lab in the summer to get the OGS in the summer.

I was bumped from the waitlist as well! Does anyone know what I should put the "Study Start Period" as? I'm a 2nd year doctoral student so I'm a full time student all year round. Can you choose May 2012 and get a lump sum of money?

I was bumped from the waitlist as well! Does anyone know what I should put the "Study Start Period" as? I'm a 2nd year doctoral student so I'm a full time student all year round. Can you choose May 2012 and get a lump sum of money?

You should read carefully the Payment and Conditions Fact Sheet, all the info is there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got moved from the UNSUCCESSFUL LIST to the successful list. Because so many people declined their OGS. Has this happened to anyone else? Has anyone ever even heard of someone being flat-out rejected and then eventually getting the award? I'm freaking out. I almost thought it was a prank.

I just got moved from the UNSUCCESSFUL LIST to the successful list. Because so many people declined their OGS. Has this happened to anyone else? Has anyone ever even heard of someone being flat-out rejected and then eventually getting the award? I'm freaking out. I almost thought it was a prank.

The exact same thing happened to me yesterday! Unheard of. I felt like it was a prank too, but seeing your post was reassuring

"I am pleased to inform you, that due to an unexpected number of students declining their OGS offer, you have been moved from the unsuccessful list, and are now being offered an OGS award for your 2012-13 graduate level studies. Congratulations!"

I wonder how many other unsuccessful applicants were moved up as well