OGS Status Update Anyone?

tomj

Received this e-mail today from grad studies:

Students who applied for OGS:

The results of the 2012-13 OGS competition are scheduled to be released to students early next week, around May 14th. When the results are released, from the students end, you will receive either an email correspondence (if you selected email option) or a letter will be sent to you in the mail. Once the results are released, you will be able to confirm status on your online OGS application, it will be updated immediately.

Thank you,

Graduate Studies

Edited by stanvx

The results of the 2012-13 OGS competition are scheduled to be released to students early next week, around May 14th. When the results are released, from the students end, you will receive either an email correspondence (if you selected email option) or a letter will be sent to you in the mail. Once the results are released, you will be able to confirm status on your online OGS application, it will be updated immediately.

Thank you,

Graduate Studies

Thanks for the update! Nice to know I can just get back to working for another week and not expect an email 'til then.

Thank you,

Graduate Studies

THANK you for posting this!

I still logged in today even though I had this information...

What does that say about me?

Oh, I am guilty of this as well.

And they say school makes you smart...

:)

i just tried to check the online status and after logging into my account and selecting the OGS option... I was taken to this message:

"Access to the online application and status is currently not available because of a scheduled update. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Please check back later."

SOON!!?????

I have the same message!

This is so frustrating!

I thought once I checked it today there would be nothing and I could just wait until Monday, but now I will be checking obsessively...

No update on Sunday...but that is expected.

I spoke with the secretary in my department....he told me that he had a feeling that it might be after the long weekend Tuesday May 22nd)... It would be nice to hear sooner though

The website still says "A panel of 3 university professors will be adjudicating OGS applications and we expect that the results will be available early May 2012. Please check back at that time."

They should know that as soon as we go past May 15th is starts to be "late May" not "early May." So I hope they publish something soon.

Something's afoot... That regular message is no longer there. It just re-routes to the first page now.

Seriously though, this is driving me insane. If they really have had the results now for the last TWO months, why on earth would they continue delaying? There's no benefit from their perspective, is there?

I am losing my mind too.

I have the opportunity to complete the practicum requirement of my program this summer (instead of in Winter 2013). If I can do this, I'd be done my MPH this December. But, I'm broke as a 25cent toy and can't afford to "volunteer" and complete my practicum (no stipend or funding offered for it).

The only way I can justify accepting this opportunity is if my OGS application is successful.

I have to let my department know by tomorrow if I want the practicum or not...

No OGS means more hours at work+ full time course schedule this spring/summer.... I can't complete my practicum with all that going on.

FRIG. i just want to know.

Got my results! Success!!

Adjudication Completed - Successful Candidate

Congratulations! The Selection Board for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program (OGS) has completed its adjudication of candidate files and you have been awarded a scholarship for 2012-2013. Ontario's highly skilled workforce is the key to the province's success in today's knowledge economy. Ontario is building a stronger workforce by increasing the number of graduate students in the province. You are joining the 3,000 students who will benefit this academic year from the Ontario Graduate Scholarship program.

The value of the scholarship is $5,000 per term for 2 or 3 consecutive terms at an eligible Ontario university. The scholarship is not available if you are in a one-term program or studying at an institution outside of Ontario. Please confirm your acceptance or decline the scholarship by June 29, 2012 by clicking on "Confirm Acceptance >".

Got my results! Success!!

Adjudication Completed - Successful Candidate

Congratulations! The Selection Board for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program (OGS) has completed its adjudication of candidate files and you have been awarded a scholarship for 2012-2013. Ontario's highly skilled workforce is the key to the province's success in today's knowledge economy. Ontario is building a stronger workforce by increasing the number of graduate students in the province. You are joining the 3,000 students who will benefit this academic year from the Ontario Graduate Scholarship program.

The value of the scholarship is $5,000 per term for 2 or 3 consecutive terms at an eligible Ontario university. The scholarship is not available if you are in a one-term program or studying at an institution outside of Ontario. Please confirm your acceptance or decline the scholarship by June 29, 2012 by clicking on "Confirm Acceptance >".

I just checked and I received an OGS as well!!! YAY! I can add this to my other scholarship and have a lot more money for next year! So exciting!