CSU's: Anyone accepted yet?

bounce

I was admitted to CSULB early December too. Are you doing CYF concentration? Applying to any stipends?

I applied to two CSU's - CSULB and SFSU. I submitted CSULB's the first week of December and I was admitted a week and a half later. However, a few classmates turned theirs in the following week and still haven't received any word. I think I just picked an excellent time to drop it off. I'm sure they received a lot of applications while out of the office for the holidays, and it's only going to get worse until the deadline as they do receive a lot of applications.

SFSU said I would get word in April, but I'm not really worried as CSULB was my first choice anyhow.

I was admitted to CSULB early December too. Are you doing CYF concentration? Applying to any stipends?

I'm OAF concentration.  I'm still a little nervous about that as I'm not at all interested in geriatrics, but the faculty advisors said if you want to work with the adult population, you want the OAF concentration, so I'm trusting them!  I'm planning to apply for the CalSWEC mental health stipend in my second year.  You?

Really? Well congrats to both of you!! Now i'm starting to regret not applying early. but still CONGRATS!!!!

What were your stats?

I have a 3.072 overall GPA (long story about messing up very bad right out of high school), but my university/BASW GPA is 3.833

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everybody ! Since I am now admitted to Graduate studies at SFSU I'm looking for a decent place to live in SF. Does anyone would be OK (or looking for) for a roommate ?! Please, contact me at manu.dakpogan@yahoo.fr interested :)

Thank you x)

Did they notify you via email or snail mail?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey! Congrats on your acceptance! Looks like you've been doing very well! Do you mind me asking for your stats? I'm only applying to CSULB and I've read that some ppl have received a rejection letters and others have been accepted. Just want to get a better idea on what CSULB is basing their admissions on...

Thanks!

When applications at CSULB come in, they are forwarded to faculty (I believe three) for review.  Each of them rate your application - ratings consist of GPA, experience, references, personal statement - the scores are combined, and that's how they decide who is admitted.  Obviously each faculty member is going to put more emphasis on something different.  One may focus more on grades, another may really only care about how you sell yourself in your personal statement.  However, I've heard that the personal statement is where a lot of people get screwed.  You can have a fantastic resume, but if your statement just isn't doing it for them, you're going to get a low score.  Personally, I only have the experience from my internships, but I had great references and (I feel) a fairly strong personal statement.  My cumulative GPA sucks, but my university/major GPA is pretty good, so I'm not sure what they focused on more.  Just the same, I agree that you can't really base it on other people's stats, because I really don't feel CSULB puts more emphasis on any one area when ranking applications.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you that applied to SFSU's MSW program last year and were accepted, what were your grades and how much experience did you have? How are you liking the program. I want to do clinical social work-(therapy in the future). How clinical do you feel this program is. Also has anyone heard this year? Thankss! 

• 10 months later...