CSU's: Anyone accepted yet?

bounce

I talked to someone in the Social Work department at Sacramento State and they said that they are accepting ~110 applicants and that they are still processing applications. She said that they hoped to extend a few early offers in the next couple of weeks. I already accepted Chico State's offer so if I get an offer from CSUS than those waitlisted should have hope! Good luck everybody.

I'm still patiently waiting for Sac, San Jose and SF!! I'm glad to hear that Sac is accepting about 110, that is way more than Chico's 30 for the 2 year program!! Does anyone know around how many application they received this year? I REALLY hope I get in somewhere...I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!!

I talked to someone in the Social Work department at Sacramento State and they said that they are accepting ~110 applicants and that they are still processing applications. She said that they hoped to extend a few early offers in the next couple of weeks. I already accepted Chico State's offer so if I get an offer from CSUS than those waitlisted should have hope! Good luck everybody.

When did you get a hol of them? I tried contacting them but they were on spring break.

I'm totally deflated guys...

I'm on the waiting list at BOTH CSULB and SDSU...

SDSU gave me the option of: 1) Removing my name from the waiting list 2)Stay on the wait list and consider me for both the 2 and 3 year programs 3) Only be considered for the 2 year program.

I took option 2.

I'm so not getting in... :(

Don't give up hope just yet! My cousin was put on SDSU's waitlist a couple years ago - then was accepted to her first choice program! You still have a good chance of being admitted. The sucky part is just that it makes the waiting game even longer. Better than a flat out rejection, right? :P

What options did LB give you?

I'm totally deflated guys...

I'm on the waiting list at BOTH CSULB and SDSU...

SDSU gave me the option of: 1) Removing my name from the waiting list 2)Stay on the wait list and consider me for both the 2 and 3 year programs 3) Only be considered for the 2 year program.

I took option 2.

I'm so not getting in... :(

Don't give up hope just yet! My cousin was put on SDSU's waitlist a couple years ago - then was accepted to her first choice program! You still have a good chance of being admitted. The sucky part is just that it makes the waiting game even longer. Better than a flat out rejection, right? :P

What options did LB give you?

LB didn't give me any options. Just a generic "pending status" letter.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but SDSU said my application was "exceptional and is acceptable" (and then something about I would have been accepted had there been space)

Did they tell your cousin what position they had on the waitlist by chance? Do you think I could ask?

Aalariemy, I talked to Sac state the week before spring break. I am there for my undergrad right now and stopped by to talk to one of the heads of the department.

LitteLo, I think the person I talked to at CSUS said that they had over 400 apllicants for the three programs.

Aalariemy, I talked to Sac state the week before spring break. I am there for my undergrad right now and stopped by to talk to one of the heads of the department.

LitteLo, I think the person I talked to at CSUS said that they had over 400 apllicants for the three programs.

Great thanks!! I think they just have the 2 and 3 year programs this year because for some reason they aren't doing the advanced standing for fall 2012.

Just got a "pending" letter from CSULB. I'm really hoping to get into the school. Does anyone know if it's likely for me to get into the school since I didn't get rejected (nor accepted) right away?? Still crossing my fingers!!

I got some stupid incomplete letter from CSULB because they "misplaced" my 2 csuf transcripts that I sent them. Now they sent me a letter and its a pending status... annnnnnoyinggg.

Still waiting on SDSU haven't heard anything it's just pending... ANNOYING...

I just submitted a last minute application to USC and have been told by the recruiter i will likely be accepted but 85,000 for a 16 month MSW program... :-/ a lot of moneyyyyy.

UGH! Has anyone been interviewed at SDSU? I really want to get in thereeee.... I've only seen 2 posts that have had responses from SDSU :-/

Edited by sammmmira

To my surprise today I got an acceptance letter to SDSU, however it is only to the 3 year program. I sent in my acceptance today to keep a spot but am going to really have to wait to see what my options are. Good luck to you futurelcsw! I'm assuming they don't do interviews because it said nothing of the sort in the acceptance letter I must be crazy...

To my surprise today I got an acceptance letter to SDSU, however it is only to the 3 year program. I sent in my acceptance today to keep a spot but am going to really have to wait to see what my options are. Good luck to you futurelcsw! I'm assuming they don't do interviews because it said nothing of the sort in the acceptance letter I must be crazy...

WOW!! CONGRATS!! :D

Would you mind hsaring your stats with me?

WOW!! CONGRATS!! :D

Would you mind hsaring your stats with me?

So I found out I'm position number 32 out of 55 on the waitlist.....

I'm not getting in. I want to cry.....

My stats:

GPA: 3.67

Undergraduate: Cal State Fullerton Human Services Major Graduating this Spring.

Completed over 360 Hours of Internship Experience and another 200 of Volunteering.

To tell you the truth I think it really helps that my undergrad program has a lot of

emphasis on theories and techniques and my internship at CSUF's Womens Center as well.

Particularly the letter of rec from the Director of the Women's Center...

Don't be discouraged, I've heard you can hear of your acceptance up until the last

week of July! Many of us have applied to many schools and have our "ideal" school

hidden uptop so people may just be waiting to hear from other schools. SDSU requires an

answer within 10 days of their offer. There is definitely still a chance!

Edited by sammmmira

I have really similar stats to yours. When did you submit your app? I think that is what really hurt me. I submitted right before the deadline on Jan. 10. I have around 800 hours of experience. And the same gpa.

I'm trying to stay positive. So you are holding out for another school?

I have really similar stats to yours. When did you submit your app? I think that is what really hurt me. I submitted right before the deadline on Jan. 10. I have around 800 hours of experience. And the same gpa.

I'm trying to stay positive. So you are holding out for another school?

I submitted mine really late actually, I went and hand delivered it on its due date in the morning.

I think it was Literally Feb. 1st.

I wouldn't say I'm holding out necessarily... I'm trying to weigh out my options.

I feel like grad schools want us to feel like they accept us but we have to in turn accept them too.

If I get a 2 year program offer I don't feel like it would be worth turning down, so I want to see if I

get other acceptances that would benefit me more as a student :-)

Stay positive though. I applied for the 2 year program & got into a 3 year program...

Many people that got an alternate offer may not accept, therefore leaving space for you!!!

I submitted mine really late actually, I went and hand delivered it on its due date in the morning.

I think it was Literally Feb. 1st.

I wouldn't say I'm holding out necessarily... I'm trying to weigh out my options.

I feel like grad schools want us to feel like they accept us but we have to in turn accept them too.

If I get a 2 year program offer I don't feel like it would be worth turning down, so I want to see if I

get other acceptances that would benefit me more as a student :-)

Stay positive though. I applied for the 2 year program & got into a 3 year program...

Many people that got an alternate offer may not accept, therefore leaving space for you!!!

Wow, that's awesome! Well congratulations! I hope all your grad school dreams come true!

I hope a lot of people who got in choose another school! I'm hoping most people who got in did not have SDSU as their first choice!

Did anyone else have their SFSU website change today? There are a few new links on it about submitting medical records, and a new financial aid link, but they say still pending. Anyone else see this?

The same for me; new links but still "pending admission decision" (international student).

Did anyone else have their SFSU website change today? There are a few new links on it about submitting medical records, and a new financial aid link, but they say still pending. Anyone else see this?

Yup me too! Same as what Manubarack wrote out...I was going to ask you guys too, but I couldn't remember if it had been there before or not. Now I know it wasn't, so thanks! And the financial aid link on mine tells me it's still in progress but allows me to click on and view a sentence that says I'll be e-mailed my financial aid award within a week? Weird...but I don't think it has anything to do with getting in. I do think it's funny that the pasting of the HEPB made a sunglasses face lol.

Just got an acceptance from Northridge. Yay! Anyone going here? I am very impressed with their organization and had a great interview with them. They made me feel very good about the quality of their program and the attention students receive from faculty and staff.

Edited by allyba

Just got an acceptance from Northridge. Yay! Anyone going here? I am very impressed with their organization and had a great interview with them. They made me feel very good about the quality of their program and the attention students receive from faculty and staff.

Heyy allyba, I applied but didn't get an interview. Do they interview everyone?