Anthropology Waiting/Results 2012

rowlf

Hello Everyone,

I am also waiting. I never sent my official transcript to Harvard for anthropology PHD emphasis on medical anthropology. I was not able to because there was a hold on my transcript due to owing money for school housing. I called and talked to the department back in December and they said that they would eventually want them but did not elaborate. Does anyone know if my application would be considered complete or incomplete?

Thanks

anyone got email from U of Chicago? I got an email from professor and wanted to talk to me via Skype. I never expected an interview from Chicago, but very nervous indeed.

congratulations! This is such a great program! I also applied to UChicago, but haven't heard from them yet, and I suppose that might mean a rejection.

Best of luck!

Tomorrow is February 1 and most programs still haven't done interviews (based on the results survey) so I guess that means we are in for the long haul with admissions this year. I had expected to start hearing back already- based on last years results.

Hi everyone,

I've also applied for this year. This must be the most anxious time for everyone - it's hard knowing that such a big change could (or couldn't) happen, with very little control over it. I haven't heard anything yet, but am hoping that it's still quite early in the process for many programs.

Good luck all!

Hello! To any UT Austin applicants:

On the Application Status Check Dashboard, is it just me, or is "Fall 2012 Financial Aid" a new section underneath "Fall 2012 Graduate Admission"?

Not sure if its new because FAFSA has come thru, has always been there, or is a "sign" of a changed app status! Thank you for tolerating my paranoia!

Best of luck to everyone!

I applied to Davis and was informally accepted yesterday by email. Not sure about their funding. My sense however is that they are still reviewing applications. Good luck!

Ditto here. Re funding, I was told the committee is still reviewing.

Can't say - I heard from Northwestern a few days ago and Yale today. I'm applying for Northwestern's dual MedAnthro PhD/MPH program, so that might put me in a smaller category for consideration?

Duke just posted their results. Nothing on my end, but congrats to everyone who got in!

Hi everyone,

I have also applied to Duke, haven't got an interview but did not hear from them today...

Is there anyone here that is in the same position? what does it mean?

Hi everyone,

I have also applied to Duke, haven't got an interview but did not hear from them today...

Is there anyone here that is in the same position? what does it mean?

I just received emails from POIs at Duke this evening after an interview on the 30th. They are still making decisions, but everyone should be interviewed by Monday and decisions made by middle or end of next week.

Hi Savagemind:

Did you already receive an interview invitation from Berkeley? If so, do you know if all their invitations have gone out? I also applied to Berkeley (sociocultural) but I didn't hear a word from them yet. If they have already made interview requests to candidates in their short-list, I might have to brace for the reject...

*Sigh*

email from Duke, directed to site where I found my rejection.

Hope that not making the short list doesn't mean I don't have a shot at the other top schools I applied to.

Waiting : Cultural Anthropology @ Stanford, Columbia, CUNY, Boston, Chicago

Sociology @ Princeton, Brown, Toronto, McGill, York

Rejected: Duke

Edited by chibuku

Hi Savagemind:

Did you already receive an interview invitation from Berkeley? If so, do you know if all their invitations have gone out? I also applied to Berkeley (sociocultural) but I didn't hear a word from them yet. If they have already made interview requests to candidates in their short-list, I might have to brace for the reject...

I did not have a formal interview, just an email from a faculty member to let me know they liked the app and were still finalizing things. I did not get any kind of timetable for final decisions--wish I could be of more help. I'm not sure, but I get the sense that lots of decisions are still being made, so don't expect the worst!

Not to harp but - no one has heard anything from Harvard?

Looking at the results page, Harvard don't interview, and their results are mailed out towards the end of February/early March.