Hunter MSW fall 2012

Emellen980

I applied to Hunter College for an MSW, fall 2012. My online status says "pending program decision". I've noticed lots of people talking about "pending interviews" on theirs. Is this a bad sign? No interview means no acceptance? My application was submitted on 1/31 and completed on 2/15.

Any advice?

I have the same thing on my application! Very worried that this means no acceptance. Any insight?

Congrats on everyone who got interviews, and good luck to those waiting :)

For those of you who were already accepted, and sent in your place holder deposit and paperwork:

When are you planning on figuring out your finances with the school? I am afraid to do it too early because then wouldn't I have to pay interest starting now on the loans? Also, their hours for the financial aid and bursar office are 9-5, and it's really challenging for people who work. I'm hoping to go there when I have a vacation at the end of April, does anyone think this is too late, or too early?

Thanks!

I don't think loans will be disbursed until a couple of weeks before the fall semester starts (at least that is my understanding about how loan disbursement works in other graduate programs). I think starting a conversation with them at the end of April is a great idea. I'm sure they will have more information coming out later this spring/summer about financial aid anyway, but it doesn't hurt to start speaking with them early.

I submitted my deposit and field application forms on March 27 -- the check still hasn't been cashed and I haven't received any confirmation that they’ve received any of my forms! Has anyone received any communication from either Admissions or field placement after the acceptance letter?

Does anyone know when orientation/class registration will be? I'd love to start hearing more!

hi all,

congrats to those who have interviewed and been accepted! this morning my application was updated with "pending interview." i hadn't received an email notifying me of the group interview schedule and for curiosity checked my application again and now it says "pending dean decision." Did any other folks see this without an interview? I'm curious about this and wondering if I should get in touch with admissions.

Hi Everyone!!

I'm so glad I found this forum. I actually just got an e-mail today for the interview. I am out of state and hoping that I will be able to make arrangements for a skype interview. I know that everyone else's interview has been a group discussion, but did any of you do a skype interview? if so, any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Hi Everyone!!

I'm so glad I found this forum. I actually just got an e-mail today for the interview. I am out of state and hoping that I will be able to make arrangements for a skype interview. I know that everyone else's interview has been a group discussion, but did any of you do a skype interview? if so, any help would be greatly appreaciated.

I had a phone interview, but it was not on skype. The questions were focused on my school transcript, volunteer experience, and career goals, specific to the program I applied for (COPD). I was also asked about my plans for a transition to nyc. It was not at all long either, maybe 20 minutes, which left me feeling like something had gone wrong, but then I got in!

Edited by frescas

Congrats on everyone who got interviews, and good luck to those waiting :)

For those of you who were already accepted, and sent in your place holder deposit and paperwork:

When are you planning on figuring out your finances with the school? I am afraid to do it too early because then wouldn't I have to pay interest starting now on the loans? Also, their hours for the financial aid and bursar office are 9-5, and it's really challenging for people who work. I'm hoping to go there when I have a vacation at the end of April, does anyone think this is too late, or too early?

Thanks!

You can't apply for financial aid (officially) until you've registered for classes. Someone that I spoke to in financial aid thought registration might be sometime in the next month, but it wasn't her department. However, you should have the FAFSA completed asap-- I think the deadline is approaching, and there is counseling to do through the FAFSA website and the promissory note to sign; those are things you can do now. On April 23 the Direct Loan application comes out, which has to be mailed in. There is no such thing as applying too early, as loans are dispersed according to the academic calendar, which is the same for everyone.

Edited by frescas

I have the same thing on my application! Very worried that this means no acceptance. Any insight?

Still no word. I'm continuing to cross my fingers, but preparing for sad news. I got into NYU and I'll go there. Its just soooooo expensive. :(

Good luck again!

az1

i sent in all of my paperwork earlier this week. fedex confirmed its arrival in nyc today and a couple of hours later I received an email (bulk) from tmizradi about the meet and greet April 26. did you get this? If not, I would call them. My paper acceptance letter was lost in the mail (causing extra anxiety!)

Edited by frescas

az1

i sent in all of my paperwork earlier this week. fedex confirmed its arrival in nyc today and a couple of hours later I received an email (bulk) from tmizradi about the meet and greet April 26. did you get this? If not, I would call them. My paper acceptance letter was lost in the mail (causing extra anxiety!)

I got the email from Professor Mizradi this afternoon and will be attending the meeting/information COP&D informational session on April 26!

Edited by az1

I got in, mailed in my paperwork and check on March 4 (check was cashed a week later). I have not heard anything about an orientation or registration. My paper letter was also lost in the mail. I have yet to be impressed by this school's administration.

Anyone else not impressed with Hunter's administration? There hasn't been any communication since I sent my acknowledgment and deposit. My other school UT Austin has me connected and informed about everything. Still deciding which school to actually attend.

Anyone else not impressed with Hunter's administration? There hasn't been any communication since I sent my acknowledgment and deposit. My other school UT Austin has me connected and informed about everything. Still deciding which school to actually attend.

'

i'm actually having a difficult time communication with Hunter. I've gone from "pending interview" to "pending dean decision" and back to "pending interview" in one week and haven't heard from anyone regarding an interview date. I've already gotten accepted to NYU and a few other schools and would like to make my decision soon. Hunter is my preferred option, should I be accepted, but the administration is really throwing me off!

I live in Austin! I did my undergrad at UT and I've lived here for about 10 years. aside from the blazing summers, it's a great place to live. it's affordable and fun and beautiful. I loved going to UT, and have never known anyone over the years who regretted getting their education there.

hi! i sent in my deposit, and immunization forms about a month ago. i was accepted into the oyr program so i don't need to send any field placement forms- i also hadn't received confirmation but called today and they said that they will be sending out informaion regarding pre-orientation and orientation dates within the next few weeks. so hang tight everyone!

I was accepted into Hunter's fall 2012 program back in December. And sent in my deposit, immunization forms, and placement forms well over two months ago. My check was deposited a few weeks after I sent it to them. I have yet to hear anything about my field placement, registration or orientation. I have contacted admissions a few times when I was applying and was met be people who transferred me before even listening to what my question was. This was if I was even able to get someone on the phone...

Edited by mswcandidate

I had my interview on April 27th and received an online acceptance letter to the program today. I know for the MHC program orientation is may 30th. I think they're trying to send out all acceptance letters followed by orientation information.

Edited by Marissa

When I log onto my Cuny portal page it is telling me my class registration appointment is tomorrow at 9:10 AM.

This can't be correct, right? I am not attending a pre-orientation until June 19th as per the email they sent me last week.