New York University

papillon_pourpre

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

warbrain - I'm considering it but it seems difficult to find any non-formal information ... I want pictures! I met a current student who is currently living there when I was at interviews, so I think I may try to ask her to take some pictures of her place.. I can also ask her about the smoking thing for you.

One thing the girl I met said was that the two rooms are actually VERY different in size (though the floorplan makes them seem relatively similar). She said you get placed in one of the rooms at random, so you are either quite lucky or feel a bit jipped (since the pay is the same). Luck of the draw, I suppose ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

as my first year is nearing its end I thought I would see how everyone was doing/enjoying NYU!

I'm loving it but I'm also excited to only have 2 classes for the summer session.

Hope everyone is well.

Ethan

Hey, is anyone here definitely registering for the MacCracken housing program? I've filled in the 'statement of intent' and later mailed the concerned people, who said they'd notify everyone once the website was up. Has anyone heard from them yet? Feel free to leave me a message if so, and thanks!

Solipsis, I think we are starting the same program!

I am almost positive that I will participate in the MacCracken housing program. I've submitted my intent form, but I also haven't heard anything back yet.

Thanks for the feedback, oneone and Tony. And glad to see another AOSM student on here @ oneone. I'll let you people know if I hear from them, I'd mailed them asking for website details, they said they'd intimate all the students who'd expressed their interest in the program by email once the site was done, so I guess we just have to wait it out.

The deadline for the MacCracken housing is 1 May. I suppose it depends how many people submit intent, but do you think it is a first-come-first-serve basis for allocation or anyone is eligible to get the housing as long as you submit before 1 May? I hate this early deadline because I really have no idea about my housing plans yet & would hate to submit intent and then find a better living situation & then lose out on $1,000. or vice-versa, not submit & then be stuck without decent housing... hmm!

@mp429 - The website says the following:

"Your immediate submission of the Statement of Intent is very important so that we can know that you are interested in our housing.Your immediate submission of the Statement of Intent is very important so that we can know that you are  interested in our housing."

But the overall tone seems to indicate they have barely enough for first year PhD students, I guess they just want some enthusiasm on our part with respect to urgency.You can fill in the statement of intent and take a look at the options, you'd still have till 3 May to finalize (not binding till you pay the 1k advance).

Thanks solipsis. I just went through all the paperwork & was happy to find out you can submit intent & not be bound to it (until you pay of course), so at least my option is still there if my friend ends up not wanting to move out of her current place!

The MHP submission also had me set up my NYU e-mail account & all that - exciting stuff! I like how they use GMail as an e-mail interface rather than some ridiculous webmail.

Everyone manage to get on the MHP listserv? Got this a couple days ago:

Please note that the MHP application deadline has been extended until Friday, May 17th.  The Roommate Request deadline has also been extended until Friday, June 21st.

Hey, does anyone know what the deal with the roommate request form is? Isn't there supposed to be another website/portal where you fill in your preferences for roommates etc before you can decide if you want to request a roommate or not?