Only rejects so far?

academiccricket

How about awful implicit rejections? I know, I know--wait until you have the letter in your hand. But how about this: one of my schools accepted a bunch of people one day ("everyone") and then there was a big wave of rejections across a period of 2-3 days. I didn't get either an acceptance or a rejection AND supposedly there's no waitlist. So, what's up?! Why haven't I been rejected yet? I would like some closure, thank you!

How about awful implicit rejections? I know, I know--wait until you have the letter in your hand. But how about this: one of my schools accepted a bunch of people one day ("everyone") and then there was a big wave of rejections across a period of 2-3 days. I didn't get either an acceptance or a rejection AND supposedly there's no waitlist. So, what's up?! Why haven't I been rejected yet? I would like some closure, thank you!

Well, there probably is an unofficial waitlist--they just don't inform you of either decision until they know how many people accepted/declined their offer.

My undergrad university did this in a few departments.

Same thing is happening to me so far. it's infuriating. I just hope it means I'm on the cusp of admission and they are trying to rustle up some more funding from the university. But it probably just means my file fell behind a desk and no one bothered to enter a decision into the system.

Same thing is happening to me so far. it's infuriating. I just hope it means I'm on the cusp of admission and they are trying to rustle up some more funding from the university. But it probably just means my file fell behind a desk and no one bothered to enter a decision into the system.

That's sad...I sure hope that hasn't happened to me...

From what I understand, it's the easy decisions that come first, whether acceptance or rejection (although some schools may not bother informing the rejected applicants). It's the middle-of-the-road ones that take forever to sort out.

This worries me. That's extremely inconsiderate... what does it cost to send people a notification email? My career at my company as well as my looking for other things are on hold while I wait to hear. I can't even get any work done here while I'm waiting... the anxiety is ruining my productivity.

That's sad...I sure hope that hasn't happened to me...

This is why I'm not sure looking at the results search is good for my mental health. Or really, I know it's not. I can't seem to stop doing it. Ironically, you people help keep me from going off the deep end just because of how many people are in the same boat.

The "seeing that others have received notice but not getting anything yourself" is one of the worst parts of this. The daily emotional rollercoaster is awful.

I think that it's a bad year to apply. As the rejections start coming in, that's what I plan on telling myself, anyway....I have only received one out of four so far, but it isn't looking good for two others. I have written emails to a couple of my professors, asking them for advice determining what I can improve for next year, so I'm going formulating my plan of action. I know that you shouldn't get ahead of yourself, but I'm pretty sure its time to start being pessimistic. :D