The Silence is Killing Me!

abrayto1

Oseirus,

I haven't been active on gradcafe lately, but for a while there, I was 'following' your journey like you were the star of 'The Truman Show'! LOL :D (I'm probably dating myself with that movie reference fromm '98 :wacko: )

Have you heard back from your schools about funding? Are you all sorted and know where you'll be headed???

Well friend, if you're dated then I must be prehistoric because not only did I get the reference, but I loved it! As for me, I finally decided to accept a masters program at Columbia rather than taking non-funded PhD offers for now. See if I can turn my luck around and get the funding I would like, so here goes nothing? :)

Well friend, if you're dated then I must be prehistoric because not only did I get the reference, but I loved it! As for me, I finally decided to accept a masters program at Columbia rather than taking non-funded PhD offers for now. See if I can turn my luck around and get the funding I would like, so here goes nothing? :)

Congrats on making a decision!! :) Is it a two year masters program? If so, will you be applying for a PhD program in the next application cycle and shift over should you receive a good offer?

Congrats on making a decision!! :) Is it a two year masters program? If so, will you be applying for a PhD program in the next application cycle and shift over should you receive a good offer?

It is a 2 year program and depending on how it works out I will probably apply for a PhD program after, but who knows?

It is a 2 year program and depending on how it works out I will probably apply for a PhD program after, but who knows?

I guess if your aim is to be a researcher or professor, then there really is no other way around it, you need your PhD. But if you feel like you can do well in the employment world with a masters, you may not feel so compelled to break the bank for the next level. The great thing is, if you decide a year in that you dont fell like going for your PhD afterall, you can always change your mind a few years down the road. A PhD is always a possibility as long as you have the dream.

For me, I'll be applying for the MSW program again in the fall. A PhD is so far in the distance, I cant see it through all of the glare! :)

(P.S. I only applied to 1 uni in the US, so you can imagine how high the stakes were for me)

Hey there,

I was happy to see that I'm not the only crazy one enough to apply for one university.

but "one month waiting" is not my case, I applied for Computational Science and Engineering masters program on 21st of March in TUM, and still Silence. I was worried enough to go through every page I encounterd in the uni's website to get the smallest indication about my chances. (they explicitly demanded no calls or emails , I dont want to take the risk)

Looking here and there, it looks like no body has applied to this program, because I looked all over the internet and didn't find anybody talking about it.

not even in the results list in TheGradCafe !

has anyone applied to the same program and got an answer ? any answer ?? ..... please ? :(

Edited by YesserLab

• 2 weeks later...
HI~there I am very nerious and can not sleep well. I can not understand why they keep me waiting and waiting after I am waitlisted. June 1 is coming. I do not have a plan B. It just drives me crazy.

For where?