3. Supernovasky 123
  4. socihealth 110
  5. ThisSlumgullionIsSoVapid 102
  6. InquilineKea 102
  7. wlkwih2 97
  8. gellert 97
  9. Kelkel 96
  10. crazedandinfused 95

Congrats goldielocks!! So many new names in the list.

By the number(s)

In total there were 13,851 posts made this month (9,537 in Jan 2011). There were 356,311 visits, 132,158 Unique Visitors and 2,031,795 (wow!) pageviews to the forum.

OK Thank G-d for Goldie because I am NOT on this site this much! This is clearly a miscalculation made by the fine admins of this site ... I hope there is a post-grade cafe therapy group when everyone starts school

OK Thank G-d for Goldie because I am NOT on this site this much! This is clearly a miscalculation made by the fine admins of this site ... I hope there is a post-grade cafe therapy group when everyone starts school

356 posts? Keep telling yourself that's not much :-)

356 posts? Keep telling yourself that's not much :-)

I prefer to live in my own world ... it is a comfortable place ... staffed with magical unicorns, acceptance letters from all the PhD programs in the land and of course me not having a grad cafe problem ... yes that is ONLY world I want to live in!

that or we don't get out much ... on an unrelated note my 21 y/o self is furiously building a time machine to come deliver a karmic beatdown for going all Greece on him and devaluing all the cool points he accrued in college

I have a student teacher right now so I have very little to do most of the day. Hence, I'm here on GC. A LOT.

**edited for typo.

Then I can't wait to see you on next month's ... and don't worry there'll be ZERO judgement from this guy ... ok maybe something said in private ... but in public? A rock of understanding will I be! ;-)

LOL yeah, it's pretty pathetic. I leave him alone to do his thing most of the time (he's good) and usually have one window open to GC, and then rotate between HuffPo, LA Times, application sites, email, and Pinterest.

LOL yeah, it's pretty pathetic. I leave him alone to do his thing most of the time (he's good) and usually have one window open to GC, and then rotate between HuffPo, LA Times, application sites, email, and Pinterest.

I have a similar set up except it's The Onion, Fox News dot com (pretty much the same thing stuff as the Onion but w/more zingers), Deadspin, GC and alas FB (the bane of my existence). Grad school will be a challenge as I will be forced to devote less time in following all my sports teams and focusing on something that could potentially impact my future. May the recruting classes of 2013-2018 forgive me in advance!

LOL. Thankfully I don't have a heavy FB habit. I did play Mafia Wars though a couple of summers ago, and when I started the school year it was so bad I was playing during passing periods, under my desk. After about 2 weeks of that, I decided to block it from FB and I got my life back.

LOL. Thankfully I don't have a heavy FB habit. I did play Mafia Wars though a couple of summers ago, and when I started the school year it was so bad I was playing during passing periods, under my desk. After about 2 weeks of that, I decided to block it from FB and I got my life back.

ooooo .... yeah I never fell for that okie doke ... mostly because I went through my Dope War phase from 00-03 ... dark days man dark days ... shame I can't put my Dope Wars skills on my CV b/c I was the greatest drug pusher since Tony "Scarface" Montana and just before Marlo Stansfield (shout out to the Wire)

Hey, why leave? We have an official section for grad students.

Hey, why leave? We have an official section for grad students.

LOL dammit you do not wish me well do you sir/madam? I am clearly an addict aren't you suppose to point me in the direction of the nearest grad cafe methadone clinic where I can get clean?

oseirus, about 7 months ago we made a concerted effort to increase the number of people that stay active on the forums once in graduate school by expanding the "Offically Grads" section of the website to include areas of interest to those moving to grad school for the first time and for those enrolled in their programs. It is our hope that many of today's members will stay active through that section of the forum. (As an aside, I'll point out that if this happens, we would definitely consider expanding that section of the Forum to cover more topics of interest to current graduate students.)

UnlikelyGrad: 3 years is nothing! I (apparently) was the 13th member of the original site, which means I've been here since spring 2006 or just shy of 6 years at this point. This only partially explains why I've made so many posts, though. That said, it's kinda fun watching how the site has changed over the years (the forums for example have way better software and the survey has way better programming behind it), become more popular, and in general just gotten way more use out of it than I think any of us would've thought 6 years ago. (For those that don't know, this website was designed to be a more functional way of seeing results than the livejournal community who_got_in could provide. Back when it started, an Excel spreadsheet of results data was manually updated and uploaded to the website.)

oseirus, about 7 months ago we made a concerted effort to increase the number of people that stay active on the forums once in graduate school by expanding the "Offically Grads" section of the website to include areas of interest to those moving to grad school for the first time and for those enrolled in their programs. It is our hope that many of today's members will stay active through that section of the forum. (As an aside, I'll point out that if this happens, we would definitely consider expanding that section of the Forum to cover more topics of interest to current graduate students.)

UnlikelyGrad: 3 years is nothing! I (apparently) was the 13th member of the original site, which means I've been here since spring 2006 or just shy of 6 years at this point. This only partially explains why I've made so many posts, though. That said, it's kinda fun watching how the site has changed over the years (the forums for example have way better software and the survey has way better programming behind it), become more popular, and in general just gotten way more use out of it than I think any of us would've thought 6 years ago. (For those that don't know, this website was designed to be a more functional way of seeing results than the livejournal community who_got_in could provide. Back when it started, an Excel spreadsheet of results data was manually updated and uploaded to the website.)

Well since I'm probably going to be sticking around now please don't let the site crash anymore ... imagine trying to refresh on a cell phone, laptop AND a tablet ... you start to look a tad bit crazy ... and after the last "staycation" at the institution I think my visit there will require that I become a permanent resident so please don't give me any more ammo to look loopy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...