Anxiety!

sunshine6

For the last few nights I have had similar dreams...

Night before last, I had a dream that I got a letter from my undergrad (UT Austin) that I had been accepted with funding. To bad I haven't applied there. So I woke up hoping that maybe I had an acceptance to UT Knoxville! Nothing so far, but I am still hoping.

Then last night, I had a dream that I received an acceptance in a purple envelope, so out of boredom I checked all the school colors of my hopefuls, no purple. Sigh. So much for that!

Does Maroon count??

I had a dream about a week ago that I had been accepted to one of my top choices. When I went to tell some people (in my high school building of all places), I was ignored and then arrested for something. I think it was some kind of nuclear thing that I was doing. I don't remember that part. I just remember that when I awoke I was so mad that I hadn't actually been accepted.

I feel your pain riss. Other than the two acceptance dreams, my nights have become rather stressful.

Half of them are wait-mares. These are nightmares about waiting tables (my oh-so-illustrious job) that include customers coming in and sitting at dirty tables all at once, no food coming out of the kitchen, being unable to read what I've written down, the power/computer systems suddenly going out, the building looking completely wrong, and not knowing where anything is, etc... (most of this has actually happened before.)

Aside from these are just general anxiety dreams, the floors crumbling under my feet, being unable to yell or stand up or walk (that one is my least favorite,) the car is uncontrollable, I am falling down an impossibly steep slope, lost in the woods, and so on.

Where are those psychology/psycho-analytical majors when you need them? Freaking out somewhere too, I suppose.

Cripes. Applied to 4 schools and haven't heard anything from any yet :( My performance at work has worsened considerably as I can't concentrate on anything anymore.

If I don't get in anywhere I'll probably be fired anyway for a poor rating :lol:

Half of them are wait-mares. These are nightmares about waiting tables (my oh-so-illustrious job) that include customers coming in and sitting at dirty tables all at once, no food coming out of the kitchen, being unable to read what I've written down, the power/computer systems suddenly going out, the building looking completely wrong, and not knowing where anything is, etc... (most of this has actually happened before.)

Aside from these are just general anxiety dreams, the floors crumbling under my feet, being unable to yell or stand up or walk (that one is my least favorite,) the car is uncontrollable, I am falling down an impossibly steep slope, lost in the woods, and so on.

God, these are the worst! When you dream that you're totally weeded and people are angry and there's NOTHING you can do to catch up. I have more server nightmares than any other type of bad dream.

I've had several dreams about my top choice school over the last 6 weeks or so: being accepted, going on visits, etc. One night, I had a dream where I didn't get accepted ANYWHERE. The following, I dreamt that one of the best-ranked schools -- one of my "(very) stretch" schools -- for my program accepted me. Sigh!

Here's my litany of ways to cope, and I might add, my list includes medications because I have a severe

-omega-3 supplements (they're good for me anyway and have read some intriguing studies about stress management benefits)

:(

Can you tell me more? Do you feel they help? Do you have any links to the studies? I also have severe anxiety disorder and every lit bit helps.

Can you tell me more? Do you feel they help? Do you have any links to the studies? I also have severe anxiety disorder and every lit bit helps.

To be honest, I'm not -sure- if the omega-3s help, but it's worth googling and trying to find some of the studies I remember, as I can't call to mind the locations. I find the most benefit from doing (kundalini) yoga these days and cutting out caffeine (I love coffee so I drink decaf).

Massage also helps, as does acupuncture.

I love New Chapter's vitamins and I did feel a little better when I was taking their 'Stress Take Care' supplement last year:

http://www.newchapter.com/products/stress-take-care

You can find them many places for much cheaper.

I've had a couple of dreams where I log into my applications/email and am excited to see a decision has finally been made. But in none of these dreams have I actually been accepted/rejected.

Last night, I dreamed that I discovered three grad-cafe usernames were the same person, and it was all part of some conspiracy or something. They were after money and power, and had to ensure I didn't get admtted anywhere to achieve that. Only one of the user names is one I recognise here and I'd be very surprised if they were really plotting anything.

I will be very glad when this is all over!

Only one of the user names is one I recognise here and I'd be very surprised if they were really plotting anything.

It's me, isn't it? Shit, I've been found out. Don't accept any packages with airholes. :wink:

Anyway, yeah, I've been having a lot of dreams. Most of them deal with me being accepted, oftentimes to universities I haven't even applied to or which do not exist. But I would actually rather have nightmares. When you wake up from a nightmare you're relieved to be awake and relieved that it's over, but when I wake up from an acceptance dream, I feel like I'm still bouncing and full of glee, and then I realize that my stupid brain made it all up and I feel like crying.

We have Omega 3 capsules at home, my partner takes them. They're the size of horse suppositories and smell like the inside of a hobo's sneakers, but I'll start taking them too. Might help, couldn't hurt.