UC Berkeley - Fall 2012 MSW Admissions

mswhopeful2012

Dd they say if they will be sending emails?

I wish I would've asked! Based on the Grad Cafe admissions results from last year, people who were accepted were notified by phone and those that were not accepted were notified by email. Hope that helps and good luck!

Did you guys who applied to Berkeley's MSW program mail official transcripts to them or just upload unofficial transcripts in the application system?

Thanks!

Just unofficial transcripts. You only mail official transcripts if you're admitted.

I wish I would've asked! Based on the Grad Cafe admissions results from last year, people who were accepted were notified by phone and those that were not accepted were notified by email. Hope that helps and good luck!

When I was accepted last year I was sent a generic e-mail to check the website, I was very surprised to find an acceptance waiting for me. Also, in taking with others in the program about how they were accepted we realized that some of us were personally notified with an e-mail in the beginning of March, and others (like me) were notified towards the end of the month. I don't think there was a reason for that other than disorganization on their part. Good luck to you all! I vividly remember waiting and how much it sucked!

You know what would be really nice? If we heard this week. Last year I got an email at around 3.30pm on March 4th, which was the first Friday of the month. The first Friday of this month is March 2nd - in 2 days! Also, Ms. Green is a really nice person. I went to ask her a bunch of questions last year (and once this year) and she's always been really sweet and informative.

You know what would be really nice? If we heard this week. Last year I got an email at around 3.30pm on March 4th, which was the first Friday of the month. The first Friday of this month is March 2nd - in 2 days! Also, Ms. Green is a really nice person. I went to ask her a bunch of questions last year (and once this year) and she's always been really sweet and informative.

i completely agree. i almost dislike the fact that this year is a leapyear.. make us wait one more day.

look how inpatient we're all growing. hah

i completely agree. i almost dislike the fact that this year is a leapyear.. make us wait one more day.

look how inpatient we're all growing. hah

I know, it's kind of funny. I think not knowing is one of the hardest parts. We weren't much better last year! This is last year's Berkeley thread if you haven't already seen it:

I am "lemondrop". I had to use another username this year because I couldn't log into the other account (my .edu email expired).

Here's something else to burn some time: Type in "Columbia MSW" in the results survey. Then "NYU MSW". Then some other schools. Then Berkeley. Then weep when you see how many people got into Berkeley. :)

And finally - An interesting article about MSW admission rates from 2009: http://sweduc.wordpress.com/2009/09/13/msw-and-phd-admission-rates/

This morning and early this afternoon I tried logging into my account and there were server issues so I thought maybe decisions were made, but I was wrong :( I want to find out already!