UC Berkeley

papillon_pourpre

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'll be joining the EECS MEng program starting in Fall 2013. PM me if you're also joining the MEng program (EECS and otherwise)! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Anyone planning to stay at the ihouse? I have been offered a spot but I am still wondering whether $13,535/year (with meals) is worth it.

Exactly how much more expensive it is compared to off-campus housing? 

Can anyone staying there guide me about expenses, are there any hidden costs?

How much noise is generated by construction activity? Which floor/rooms are the quietest?

If there are no red flags any idea which rooms have a Bay view? I can choose accordingly  :D

Hey I just got an offer for anthropology (sociocultural), I'll be seeing you guys in the fall!

I'm in SF at the moment and will visit the campus tomorrow, it was a little hard accepting for a place I'd never visited before since I'd been to a few other prospective student weekends but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Any other internationals? ssk2 you're a pom, right?

Edited by Platysaurus

• 1 month later...

Hey after doing all the registration online crap I keep trying and failing to log into my Berk email account, other people having the same trouble? Just wanted to check whether I have to wait a little longer or there's a specific problem with my account.

First time I notice this thread, but I, too, will be at Cal in the fall, also at the College of Environmental Design (MCP).  I'm SO excited!!!  Moving from Boston to Berkeley and counting down the days!!

Platysaurus:  I definitely experiences issues after I signed up for Berkeley email.  I had to contact the webmaster and reset my password (that process itself took several days.  Supposedly the main IT guy was on vacation :) ), but I haven't experienced any problems since.  Good luck!

• 8 months later...

I'm headed to Berkeley this fall, too! As for official acceptances, I got mine about a week after receiving my unofficial notice (which I received over phone, incidentally). I totally sympathize with the nervousness, though--it didn't seem quite real to me until the Graduate Division sent me their notarized offer!

Yes, yes, let's get the notaries involved ASAP! Lol

I got the unofficial email on the 7th and haven't heard a peep since. Going on three weeks now, but I looked through old threads and it seems like the funding offers happen in early march. PhoenixKing - did you also hear about funding or fellowships?

The Department representative who called me only briefly mentioned funding; she said that a formal letter would arrive with more details (though she didn't specify when that letter would arrive). I think we should receive our funding offers sometime in March, though. 

Edited by PhoenixKing