I am soooo F'ing TIRED of waiting!!

husky07

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still sitting on zero acceptances and rejections too. All I've received is one letter in a small (heart-attack causing) envelope saying that I'm still in the running for one of my programs. I'm like a dog chasing my tail. I check my e-mail hourly...online statuses daily...even though I know that none of it will get me anywhere.

I got a call today! But it was only Papa John's Pizza. Jerks. I am actually surprised how angry it made me, (the area code was from one of my schools... ) Stop calling me pizza place that isn't very good!

At this point I would welcome an acceptance from Papa John U.

I got a call today! But it was only Papa John's Pizza. Jerks. I am actually surprised how angry it made me, (the area code was from one of my schools... ) Stop calling me pizza place that isn't very good!

This happened to me too a couple days ago! I got a call from a Boston area code (where three of my schools are) and it was a telemarketer. Needless to say, I did not purchase anything.

Ooohh I hear that.

I kind of get mad when I get emails from campus group mailing lists I'm on, too. :lol:

I've also reached a breaking point. I find that watching The Wire is like the only thing that'll keep me adequately distracted. I'm still on season 1, so the entire series should last me through this whole wrenching process. I can't even read books right now, which is what I want to go to grad school for. But McNulty and crew; those guys keep me occupied.

I decided to look at the department websites and see if they listed a welcome event for newly admitted students. For one of the schools I am applying to but havent heard back from yet, they are having a new student reception on april 1st (april fools day...hmm). My theory is that I have to hear back by at the latest mid march, otherwise planning for and actually attending any sort of reception would be reallly hard.

Screw it! Let's just grab some torches and spend the money we saved up for the big move to go school to school and set fire to any department that hasn't sent out results yet!

The fires will be seen from space!!!

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

...ahem... I'm ok...

I am really through with the emotional rollercoaster. I am only okay these days when supremely distracted. I can't seem to get any work done. All I want to do is watch DVDs while curled up on my couch, tuning the world out (and refreshing my email with one hand).

Sometimes I manage to distract myself for an hour or two by some other means, but I get depressed and anxious pretty quickly again.

I dunno.... am just a mess.

Still haven't heard anything from my programs either... Self-doubt is insanely high, even though my rational mind tells me I should be fine. :roll:

I complained about the waiting game the other day, and a friend reminded me that the life of an academic is non-stop waiting (from jounals, publishers, Admin. committees, hiring committees, etc...), so just see this as a light hazing for what's to come. 8)

I've about driven myself crazy trying to keep as busy as possible so the time will pass quickly...

though seeing as both of my two remaining schools are still missing documents (or specifically, the *same* document), I realize it'll be at least another week before I hear back. I'd settle for hearing that my application is complete, at this stage.

one of my schools just "received" my last document this morning, which is great because after checking the status page i was planning to call them and beg to send it in electronically or something (deadline was feb. 1 and i figured they lost it). it takes a while!