Pocatello, Idaho

Guest laceyfish

Guest laceyfish

What's this little town like? I'm from Fort Collins, Colorado, and I'm considering applying to ISU for an MA in English. If you know anything about it, I'm also rather interested in their Doctor of Arts program. But for now, some insight on the town and the state overall would be awesome. What is there to do? There isn't any restriction on alcohol sales or anything, right? Like in Utah? Political leanings generally? Is Boise any fun?

Guest Sandra

Hi, thanx for all the info for Ft. Collin:) I've actually been to Pocatello, I think it's nice, quiet and suburb like. I don't know about the rental rates since I was staying with a host family while I was there. But I'd think you'll need a car since public transportation isn't very convinient :P

• 12 years later...

Hi everyone! I have been accepted to ISU and would like to get additional information before making a decision. My husband and I would be moving from a very big and diverse city and I wanted to know about diversity and acceptance in Pocatello given that we’re Latinos. We’re conservative, outdoorsy people. Any thoughts?

• Warelin changed the title to Pocatello, Idaho