Optimism v. Pessimism: "Rejected Until Proven Accepted"

rae wrote:

I tried to remain optimistic during the process... mostly because whenever I talked to my mom about the possibility of not getting in she would reply with, "If you don't, I expect a check for the amount of the GRE scores, transcripts and application fees that I paid for you... and don't expect me to pay for you to do this again."

That is cruel.

I have to confirm this... It is in fact cruel.

What kind of a mother adds salt to an already ridiculously open wound like that? WTF, man!!!

I'm not entirely sure as to whether she was joking or not... but fortunately, it doesn't matter now.

That sounds EXACTLY like my wonderful mother (sarcasm.) She would say that and not be joking. When I was in undergrad and decided to stay on campus over the summer and work, she threatened to stop paying tuition.... but luckily, I've paid for the GREs and app fees by myself and will find a way to pay for grad school as well.

OH MAN Thanks for posting this!! My boyfriend telling me to "Think positive" is irking the heck out of me right now. NO I NEED TO THINK OF PLAN B!!! Aggghhhhhhhhh!!!! Where's my Stolichnaya?

OH MAN Thanks for posting this!! My boyfriend telling me to "Think positive" is irking the heck out of me right now. NO I NEED TO THINK OF PLAN B!!! Aggghhhhhhhhh!!!! Where's my Stolichnaya?

I think that Stolichnaya is an excellent plan B, personally.

It happens to be mine :)

I think that Stolichnaya is an excellent plan B, personally.

It happens to be mine :)

Well, who doesn't love vodka after all?

Alcohol is a great answer, works fine for both celebration and regret... Just try not to go alcoholic or something....