0 for 8

MDLee

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, sorry to hear about Vanderbilt!! If it's any consolation (which it probably isn't), I still have yet to hear one little peep. You might see a news story about a girl going off the deep end, driving herself out to an admissions office and holding them up until they let her in!

Aw, sorry to hear about Vanderbilt!! If it's any consolation (which it probably isn't), I still have yet to hear one little peep. You might see a news story about a girl going off the deep end, driving herself out to an admissions office and holding them up until they let her in!

Riss, Let me know when you hear from USC, yes? I've heard nothing yet...but another girl in my department got in and that's making me extremely concerned.

Oh, no!!! When did she/he hear??? I have yet to hear anything yet... but, on the other hand, I'm going for an MA in Public History there, not a Ph.D. in history, so it's the same department but just because I haven't heard anything doesn't mean you won't. But now I'm freaking out because that's the second school that has people admitted and I haven't heard anything.

You saw "Accepted", right? I'll be the kid who studies setting things on fire with his mind!

Haha! I really want to watch that movie again...I have a feeling I will definitely be able to relate to them this time.

Um- Yeah I went 0/3 today with Vanderbilt today too! Nothing like getting a rejection email WHILE getting bitched out by your boss on the phone. Best Day Ever.

P.S. I love the idea of starting our own grad school. There is OBVIOUSLY a TON of talent being squandered here!

Um- Yeah I went 0/3 today with Vanderbilt today too! Nothing like getting a rejection email WHILE getting bitched out by your boss on the phone. Best Day Ever.

P.S. I love the idea of starting our own grad school. There is OBVIOUSLY a TON of talent being squandered here!

I got all of that AND a flat tire...sigh. I think I unfortunately win.

Sooo... I just had some wine and, even though I have zero acceptance so far, I am feeling so optimistic right now. I am even smiling again :D. I am feeling this weird certainty that I am going to get an acceptance from at least one of the two remaining schools I am waiting for.

Who knew half a bottle of wine could do so much.

I guess I will need the other half when I get the actual rejections.

Who knew half a bottle of wine could do so much.

I guess I will need the other half when I get the actual rejections.

Emilee, hun, you can come by my house. I will stock you up with good wine...you'll be so happy that you'll be writing them thank you letters for turning you down. Give me three hours and a platter of cheesecake and I promise you'll be totally signed on to the idea of cross country trucking and totally turned off to grad school...you never know, it could work! :D

I notice you updated the subject. My condolences. Unfortunately I know exactly how you feel.

You win some, you lose some...

At least the waiting will be over soon :)

LoL!! It has actually gotten to the point of humor...you know? I mean, how many epic fail moments can we have in two months?

On the plus side...don't cry for me Argentina :lol:

I have a contact at University of British Columbia who has told me that he would be happy to supervise my dissertation if I don't get in anywhere else. So, if its an epic fail year I'll take next semester off, work on my CV, and apply to UBC next January. Its all good.

LoL!! It has actually gotten to the point of humor...you know? I mean, how many epic fail moments can we have in two months?

On the plus side...don't cry for me Argentina :lol:

I have a contact at University of British Columbia who has told me that he would be happy to supervise my dissertation if I don't get in anywhere else. So, if its an epic fail year I'll take next semester off, work on my CV, and apply to UBC next January. Its all good.

Vancouver is a fantastic city (I grew up near it), and UBC has a lovely campus. You could do a lot worse than that!

Vancouver is a fantastic city (I grew up near it), and UBC has a lovely campus. You could do a lot worse than that!

This is my feeling as well. A year off would do me good...and this professor is one of the top people in my field anyway, so working with him would be a massive honor. Things could be a heckuvalot worse.

if it makes you feel any better MDLee, i'll probably be 0 for 11 within a few weeks. i'm 0 for 3 so far. i also have a couple of waitlists that will most likely not go in my favor. and then a couple of schools still havent gotten back to me with my inevitable rejection. sigh.