Starting Our Own (Inspired by Zoberg and Recycled Viking)

MDLee

MDLee...what's your score in SMT( Standard Mad Test)...

I accept a minimum score of 1000 out of 800, plus research work

Send me a SOP and a couple dozen LORs from certified mad men...preferably from someone in jail

You are not bad if you are not mad :mrgreen:

Wow...It must be my lucky day. After writing thesis I was certifiable myself and scored a 1600 out of 800 on the SMT :D

If my people aren't in jail...per say...but are locked in basements...does that count?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have an art history section...no art section yet. Go for it.

Doodling should cross-list with the Psych department listing:

Psych 730: You saw WHAT in the ink blot? :D

Perfect! Especially since I'm already heading the Psych department.

Wow...It must be my lucky day. After writing thesis I was certifiable myself and scored a 1600 out of 800 on the SMT :D

If my people aren't in jail...per say...but are locked in basements...does that count?

My score was an irrational number; I therefore have no way of submitting it.

I'm greatly enjoying reading this thread. :lol:

I'm wondering, though, if all incoming students should have a required one-credit course on basic defenses against ninjas and pirates. Useful lifelong skills to have that undergraduate curriculums seem to be forgetting these days!

Agreed!

214 Self-Defense Against Ninjas

215 Self-Defense Against Pirates

216 Self-Defense Against Chuck Norris (Wishful Thinking)

217 Self-Defense Against Anyone Who Attacks You Armed With a Piece of Fresh Fruit

(ok...now I'm totally procrastinating...)

I'd like to suggest some courses for our applied math department:

524: Accounting Practices: Border Collie Puppies and Shortbread Cookies (required for all incoming students)

601: Introduction to Programming on Computers That Cost More Than Your House (must take APPM 602 simultaneously)

602: How Not to Break Computers That Cost More Than Your House

603: Applied Social Network Analysis: basically, facebooking

605: Atmosphere and Climate Modeling: why climate change is way more complicated than Al Gore says it is

725: How to Spot a Ponzi Scheme

Oh my freaking goodness. This is awesome. How could this be on the internet for almost TWO YEARS and I'm just finding out about it now??

Thank you for the much needed belly laughs!

You're welcome!

And, if it's any consolation, I only heard of it a month or so ago...and from the Wikipedia list of Internet phenomena, at that!

You're welcome!

And, if it's any consolation, I only heard of it a month or so ago...and from the Wikipedia list of Internet phenomena, at that!

Bahaha...awesome. I like how the article takes these hilarious internet videos and actually manages pretty serious synopses of them.

So much time to waste...so little time... :)

(ok...now I'm totally procrastinating...)

I'd like to suggest some courses for our applied math department:

524: Accounting Practices: Border Collie Puppies and Shortbread Cookies (required for all incoming students)

601: Introduction to Programming on Computers That Cost More Than Your House (must take APPM 602 simultaneously)

602: How Not to Break Computers That Cost More Than Your House

603: Applied Social Network Analysis: basically, facebooking

605: Atmosphere and Climate Modeling: why climate change is way more complicated than Al Gore says it is

725: How to Spot a Ponzi Scheme

Why are we spotting Ponzi schemes and not creating our own...with intent not to get caught? Think of it guys, we'd be trillionaires!

Chuck Norris is officially in charge of campus security.

The killer rabbit is our representative to the state legislature. Fund us or else :D

Perfect! Now no one will have to worry about someone stealing their laptop...or pencil!

My score was an irrational number; I therefore have no way of submitting it.

Dear psycholinguist,

Your score on your SMT exam was so freaking awesome, that one of our esteemed professors jumped out a window with sheer joy. I am sorry to say that due to this unfortunate occurrence, we will have to take back all your funding. We will be using the cash to glue Professor X's spine back together.

Other than that you are accepted! All we need you to do is send your GME (Graduate Madness Examination) score.

From,

The Department of Computer Science.

P.S. To avoid excessive shock and joy within the admission committee, we prefer you break the GME news to us gently, thus giving us time to adjust to the magnitude of your acclaimed insanity. Singing your score to us might help.

Singing your score to us might help.

We'll gladly set up an American Idol panel to judge your lack of talent there. Its okay though--consider that the hazing process. You're already in, its just a matter of letting you know where you stand in the grand scheme of academia. :lol:

We'll gladly set up an American Idol panel to judge your lack of talent there. Its okay though--consider that the hazing process. You're already in, its just a matter of letting you know where you stand in the grand scheme of academia. :lol:

Isn't the self-esteem bruising nature of the applications process enough of a hazing ritual already? :)

Isn't the self-esteem bruising nature of the applications process enough of a hazing ritual already? :)

So true...I was thinking about it, and that was mis-stated.

We're setting up an American Idol panel for all of the applicants to haze the professors :D

Some suggested classes, coursework all provided by the boob tube:

MATH-812 - Writing Equations on a Whiteboard - Why you don't need to know what it means as long as you have good hair

PHILO-263 - Zen and the Art of Psych - How to own a motorcycle but never actually ride it

CRIM-187 - T-shirts and Sunglasses - That fat guy from The Commish kicks ass now?

MEDSCI-003 - Diagnostics and American Accents - the unknowable connection

PHYS-1013 - Lift and Suspension - An examination of how '68 Chargers, conversion vans, Mini Coopers, city buses, etc. can all make 70' jumps and continue to run perfectly

SCI-101 - Hot redhead > the scientific method or any kind of rigor

Bonus:

ANGLay-078lay - Igpay Atinlay - Advancedlay Ourseclay - Onorshlay Editcray

PHYS-1013 - Lift and Suspension - An examination of how '68 Chargers, conversion vans, Mini Coopers, city buses, etc. can all make 70' jumps and continue to run perfectly

I'd actually be interested in adding this to my schedule for my first semester along with Viking's controlled arson and the course about doodling.

I assume tuition is covered.

Dear psycholinguist,

Your score on your SMT exam was so freaking awesome, that one of our esteemed professors jumped out a window with sheer joy. I am sorry to say that due to this unfortunate occurrence, we will have to take back all your funding. We will be using the cash to glue Professor X's spine back together.

Other than that you are accepted! All we need you to do is send your GME (Graduate Madness Examination) score.

From,

The Department of Computer Science.

P.S. To avoid excessive shock and joy within the admission committee, we prefer you break the GME news to us gently, thus giving us time to adjust to the magnitude of your acclaimed insanity. Singing your score to us might help.

Oh, on that I got exactly i. It's also what I got on every single practise-test I took. How's that for consistency?

Anyway, you can begin adjusting to the magnitude of my acclaimed insanity by noting that my username is homophonous with 'psycho linguist'. After which...hmm...well, although I am a composer in my spare time, I've never had to write or arrange a piece that long before. Hmm. Could you possibly give me a travel-grant to stay a while at the Hotel Infinity?

We'll gladly set up an American Idol panel to judge your lack of talent there. Its okay though--consider that the hazing process. You're already in, its just a matter of letting you know where you stand in the grand scheme of academia.

Works for me! * grins *

I would like to propose an summer institute for TGC university. To be attended by all admitted students for the following fall semester. Topics for discussion during afternoon picnics (the only course form provided) would be as follows;

S701. Why watching reality television is actually proven to boost your academic achievement.

S733. The correct ratio of peanut butter to jelly.

S734. Assessing the effects of shortbread cookies and kool-aid on graduate student mental health.

S850. Interactions between pirates and ninjas and emergency Chuck Norris intervention outcomes.

Courses would run from 1:30pm to 3:30pm on the grassy area under the shady tree. Brown bag lunches will be provided along with juice boxes for all! We encourage sleeping if you are sleepy...please lay down on the feather soft nap blankets provided. The professors will be sure to speak softly as not to wake a sleeping student.

(All students will also be given a summer fun stipend of 150,000)

S850. Interactions between pirates and ninjas and emergency Chuck Norris intervention outcomes.

This, of course, will cross list with all of the classes offered during the year on pirates, ninjas, and Chuck Norris. Mini-Term will include a 2 week intensive training course by Macgyver on surviving pirates and ninjas using only a used McDonald's straw, a paper clip, and a can of Barbasol.

Which of course won't do you any good on Chuch Norris because according to FDR, "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. Also known as Chuck Norris."