2013 Business PhD Applicants

Angua

Hey Angua, where'd you get accepted it you don't mind me asking?

And what are your main research streams you want to fall into under org behavior?

Most of my applications were in Social Psych -- I've been accepted to the University of Michigan and the University of Minnesota Psych Departments.  My OB interests lean toward JDM / group dynamics & conflict resolution, with some specific applications related to my current field (which could out me, so please forgive the coyness :) ).  I'm also fascinated by Marketing stuff in general, but it doesn't fit very well into my other research interests -- one of the reasons a B-school really appeals to me is the chance to sit in on some of that as well.

What are your interests?

Most of my applications were in Social Psych -- I've been accepted to the University of Michigan and the University of Minnesota Psych Departments.  My OB interests lean toward JDM / group dynamics & conflict resolution, with some specific applications related to my current field (which could out me, so please forgive the coyness :) ).  I'm also fascinated by Marketing stuff in general, but it doesn't fit very well into my other research interests -- one of the reasons a B-school really appeals to me is the chance to sit in on some of that as well.

What are your interests?

I applied to Management & Org programs or Org Behavior / HR programs.  I'm coming from like the opposite direction as you; meaning starting with business and econ training, and deciding to go more psych/soc topics.  Key interests are teams, leadership, culture, lots of other secondary interests.  Schools strong in teams and leadership seem to be recruiting me. Haven't heard back from a lot of schools though.

Hi, I'm also a Marketing PhD applicant. I've gotten three interviews so far (phone and Skype), and they all said they'll be making decisions within the next two weeks. Fingers crossed :(. I heard originally that PhD Marketing programs rarely give out interviews, but now I'm not sure since I've gotten a few, whether those schools are exceptions to the rule, or whether I should be worried I've only heard from 3/17 :((((

hey Asec,

I am also PhD Marketing applicant. If I may ask, what all univs u have heard from. I also got a skype interview from CUNY Baruch and they will get back to me by end of the month. Not heard from anyyyyy other. Also, I applied to only 8 :(:(

hey Asec,

I am also PhD Marketing applicant. If I may ask, what all univs u have heard from. I also got a skype interview from CUNY Baruch and they will get back to me by end of the month. Not heard from anyyyyy other. Also, I applied to only 8 :(:(

Hi Aqua -- The schools I've gotten interviews from are Northwestern Kellogg, UC Boulder Leeds, and UF Warrington. I've read on Urch that several of the other schools I applied to have already extended interview requests, so I'm assuming that the fact that I haven't received one means I didn't make their short list. Haven't heard from the three I interviewed from yet regarding an official accept/reject, but I did get rejected from Wharton. No surprises there ah well. 

• 1 year later...

Hi , I would be applying for my Phd in management specializing in OB particularly in canada / NZ. I would like to request for some advise on this with respect to SOP, LOR, GMAT. I did apply this year just to see where I stand however I was rejected (university of victoria) and the reason given was my GMAT score was low (which is a fact). But I also did enquire about my candidature before applying and apparently I was encouraged by the department to apply.

My details:

Bachelors in business management - Bangalore university (70%)

MSc business excellence - University of Warwick (3.10 GPA out of 4.0)

Total experience: 3 years (India and UK)

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks.