Pittsburgh, PA

On 3/21/2018 at 5:29 PM, applesauceboss said:

Hey, congrats on your acceptance! I recently got into Pitt’s psych PhD program and will be moving to the city in July as well! 

Hi there!

That's awesome! Congrats on being accepted and deciding to attend! Unfortunately, my circumstances have changed and I'll actually be looking to move in around August. Good luck though; I'm sure you won't have any problems finding a roommate :)

On 3/24/2018 at 8:19 PM, HSRWannabe said:

Hi there!

That's awesome! Congrats on being accepted and deciding to attend! Unfortunately, my circumstances have changed and I'll actually be looking to move in around August. Good luck though; I'm sure you won't have any problems finding a roommate :)

Aww no worries! Best of luck to you as well! 

hi folks! I'm going into UPitt's English PhD program this fall--just wanted to quickly drop in & say that Pittsburgh's reddit page has a lot of general useful info about the city, and many tips & tricks about finding housing, landlords to avoid, the general vibes of each neighborhood, etc. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/pittsburgh/

I also have a question: to anyone who has lived in Pittsburgh: how early is too early to begin the housing search? I won't be moving until August (my current lease ends July 31), but I'm still pretty anxious to get started. I have a hunch that a lot of what's posted now is from very large realtors with hundreds of properties or tenants who jump ship halfway through their lease, which isn't exactly the vibe I'm hoping for. Does anyone with a single landlord remember how early or late they ended up signing?