Ray of Hope

MDLee

Hi, I tried to call my schools however, they said, i just have to wait. It seems that you guys who got the answer mostly applied for PhD and I'm applying for an MA. So I'm wondering if that makes a difference? Also, do you guys think it's a good idea for me to contact the Head Department of the program I'm applying for, who's also going to be reviewing my apps? I've met with him once before and he was super duper nice but I don't want to annoy him, but he probably knows if i get accepted or not. Also, the school said they're not gonna send out decision until next week. So I'm dying to know. Only applied to 3 and haven't heard from any of them. :o

Dear Maryland and NYU--

Please hurry your slow butts up.

Thanks,

--the freaking out, waiting masses

...Dear EVERYUNIVERSITY,

Please hurry it up before the people on this board lose their collective minds.

Thanks.

STILLFRICKIN'WAITING.

Hi, I tried to call my schools however, they said, i just have to wait. It seems that you guys who got the answer mostly applied for PhD and I'm applying for an MA. So I'm wondering if that makes a difference? Also, do you guys think it's a good idea for me to contact the Head Department of the program I'm applying for, who's also going to be reviewing my apps? I've met with him once before and he was super duper nice but I don't want to annoy him, but he probably knows if i get accepted or not. Also, the school said they're not gonna send out decision until next week. So I'm dying to know. Only applied to 3 and haven't heard from any of them. :o

Well, I contacted my remaining programs by email. I figure it's a more convenient method for these department coordinators that must be unbelievably busy right now. Emails they can respond to whenever it works for them, calls may be disruptive? Probably depends a lot on the disposition of the person on the other end of the phone, but that's just my thoughts.

I don't think it would be worthwhile to contact anybody else at this point--you've already got your answer, right? They said they'd be sending out decisions next week. Rough timelines (that proved to be inaccurate, but anyway) were about the extent of the responses I received too; I mean, there's not a whole lot more they can tell you other than that.

I think we should all sign it first. With trails of our angst-y tears... :)

I agree! If I don't get in to my top choice, I'm going to throw myself on my bed and sob for a week straight... so, if they ARE going to reject me, I want them to get it over with so I can buy a lot of tissues...

And apparently you can only have three quotes in one reply, so I deleted a bunch! haha

Angsty tears. I like it. Especially since I can't afford to buy a new pen on the meager stipend I'm living on currently...tell me why I applied for another six years of this, again?