How Many Schools Have You Been Accepted To?

BostonGrrl

How many schools have you been accepted to?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. How many schools have you been accepted to?

• 9 or more

It depends in part on how many schools one applies to. I know of people who have a ton of acceptances as a result of applying to a ton of 'safety' schools - for those people I guess they ended up wasting quite a bit of money and time on so many 'safeties'.

jesus christ, who's gotten into 6 schools? i need to start hanging out with you guys and learn a few things...

Be obsessive is my advice. I've been doing the application process for over a year and a half now...emailing profs, checking out school websites, reading research, talking to grad students...yeah, the admissions process ate my life.

Be obsessive is my advice. I've been doing the application process for over a year and a half now...emailing profs, checking out school websites, reading research, talking to grad students...yeah, the admissions process ate my life.

Wow... a year and a half of applications. I admire your perseverance - I would have gone nuts probably if I had focused on applications for a year and a half! :P

On that note, I don't think it's always true that emailing profs helps. I tried that with some programs and was told to basically sit and wait for the admissions committee to do their job. However I have heard that there are some exceptions with specific programs where admissions are based more on the interest of potential faculty advisers and less on a committee/departmental evaluation.

I went four for four.

I put an insane amount of work into my research proposal/statement of intent. I actually wrote it for a grant app that I was asked to complete with one week's notice. I spent all week writing one or two drafts a day and circulating my proposal among my classmates, professors, ex-classmates, random homeless dudes on the street... Then when I didn't get that grant, I did maybe one or two more drafts of it for my application to the generic version of the same grant. For apps, I removed the end part about what school I wanted to attend, and otherwise used the exact same proposal.

When it came to actually applying, I totally bailed on the whole process. I didn't contact one single professor, and I felt like I was going to throw up every time I went to fill out an application. Man, I got lucky.

omg... I thought this poll was "how many you have applied to". I selcted 9+ but I don't have an acceptences yet...lol.......

Maybe that's my problem- not attention to detail! HA!

Haha! I was wondering who got accepted to 9 schools!!

Five for me, waiting to hear from two more. :)

I would suggest we do this poll again after 4/15. For those who put none, are you still waiting on schools?

Agreed. Also some schools have later dealines...i.e. Cornell International Devel, NYU Global , Brown MPP....I just submitted those apps and have been told I have been put in the second batch of admissions.....

I would suggest we do this poll again after 4/15. For those who put none, are you still waiting on schools?

Good suggestion. Not everyone has finished hearing back from schools yet.

Agreed again. I answered 2 having 3 unanswer applications yet :P... Also, I would like it if the poll was made using two parameters. Positive answers versus total applications. Maybe that could give us a lot more of information! However, I don't know if the forum's polling system is able to do this