Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

Hello all!

Scooby0407 - Thanks for the links, will check them out for sure, if and when, lol!

Pianodive_ani - Congrats on the interview call, hope ours aren't too far behind!!  :)

And everyone...would it be inappropriate to reach out to them asking, maybe after a week or two, what their timelines are for interview calls? I don't wanna be waiting around thinking I'm still in the running if they've already completed those rounds by then... :huh:

Best of luck, folks!

Kaleem - Could you clarify whether this is something you think NUS will say or if they have said something similar to you (about shortlisting being completed in the next 1-2 weeks) when you wrote to them? I'm a little confused...also, are the MPA and MPP timelines and processes, post application, the same?

Thanks!

Hello!

I was also shortlisted for an interview and I have some questions regarding the additional diagnostic tests:

Do I need to go to a test center or do I have to do them at home? Via Skype?

Thanks for answers!

Roman

Hi all, thanks for sharing your experience. It's great to hear from ppl who are in the same boat with me.

I applied for the MPP program and had an interview on 12th. I was informed about the diagnostic tests as well but haven't heard back since then. Has anyone done the tests already for this year?

Cheers

Hello everyone. My name is Rudolph and I'm from Zimbabwe. I applied for MPA programme Fall 2015 and I had my interview today. I don't think I would've find it easy before going through all your previous comments. Thank you. 

I'm now patiently waiting for the diagnostic test. If anyone wants to practice for the tests, kindly let me know. 

Best wishes, 

Edited by Tinaye

Hi All,

quick update and answers to your questions:

It was a skype interview scheduled for an hour but lasted only 40 minutes so I don't think it went that well!

A professor took my interview and it was a mix of experience related and 'why the course' questions. I was also provided a case study half an hour before so make sure to login in to your email a while before your interview. I was really nervous and wasn't prepared at all due to work. However the professor was really neutral and supportive so it was a nice, smooth experience. 

I am sure they are rolling out interviews periodically so I wouldn't lose hope. 

My background: Bachelors in Management in 2010. Working for 5 yrs in the non-profit/education sector. IELTS score is 9. Did not give the GRE or GMAT. Decent extracurriculars and I am good at my job but no medals or awards received.  

hi, 

did you send your application to LKY early or end of january? have people who applied end of january received any interview calls?

I applied right at the end of the deadline, contacted LKY and they say that my result should be out in a week's time (March first week). If it's a yes, then interviews & tests by mid March and acceptance by end of March/April beginning.

Hi all,

I had my interview recently and it was very relaxed and I always had a good feeling.

Beside a case study which arrived me around 30mins prior to the interview via email, the interview was mostly about why I want to study Public Policy, why in Singapore. Then some hypothetical questions regarding team work etc.

The interview was scheduled for 30mins and we exactly talked 30mins.

I will receive the final decision in mid March.

I applied in December and received the invitation for an interview 2 weeks ago.

Anyone else who finished the interview?

Hi,

I had my interview for the LKYSPP MPP on February 24th and it went well, the interviewer was really nice and the questions weren't hard (including the case study). Mostly they were related to my academic and professional background. In addition to that, I was asked few questions why I decided to undertake this master's program.

I was told that they will contact me in a month regarding the interview results.

I am a little bit nervous about the math test, since I do not know what to expect.

Does anybody know anything about it?

I am looking forward to hearing your replies ;)

Hi,

I had my interview for the LKYSPP MPP on February 24th and it went well, the interviewer was really nice and the questions weren't hard (including the case study). Mostly they were related to my academic and professional background. In addition to that, I was asked few questions why I decided to undertake this master's program.

I was told that they will contact me in a month regarding the interview results.

I am a little bit nervous about the math test, since I do not know what to expect.

Does anybody know anything about it?

I am looking forward to hearing your replies ;)

Hi Giomar, 

When did you send your application and when were mailed regarding the interview?