Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

3 hours ago, Thanapoomped said:

Just received a rejection e-mail. My game is over. Good luck for everyone :)

Hi everyone,  just like @Thanapoomped  received a rejection letter 3 hours ago.  All the best for those still waiting.  Cheers. 

I didnt get the scholarship so will be declining my offer this year. Hope more candidates hear positively from Lkyspp. Best of luck to those who are still waiting.

45 minutes ago, Ika9 said:

Hi guys,,

I just received an offer of admission and the scholarship for MPA this morning. Finally! Anyone here applying for MPA too and got the offer?

Hope to see you guys soon! :)

Congratulations @lka9.

Hi Guys, I just received MPP offer with no indication of scholarship.  I shall consider to accept this offer. 

Not sure if there is a WhatsApp group / Facebook group in place for the coming classmates .   If not, can people who accept the offer kindly message me your WhatsApp account?  Would like to further discuss the preparations. 

Hi all,

I just want to say thank you to this forum in accompanying me through my graduate application journey. You guys are such a bunch of kind, reliable strangers!

For those who are not coming to LKY, I believe that there will be greater things destined for you. Failures are, after all, learning process and happened to everybody. Anywhere, anytime. I am myself rejected by my other graduate choices. So, cheer up and good luck for your next endeavors!

For those deciding to attend LKY MPP 2017 class, we have started a group in Facebook. The keywords are "LKY MPP 2017-2019". If you do not or cannot access FB, you can contact me through personal message in this forum. Not quite sure about other programs (MPA, MIA) tho as I only know the MPP cohort.

Have a nice day, guys! Best of luck for all of us!

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Daniyal1986 said:

I got the scholarship, can I defer it till next year? 

Better to ask but probably not, lky has said that the acceptance can be deferred but not the scholarship, you would have to compete for it again next year

Edited by Ella16

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2017 at 4:41 AM, Thanapoomped said:

Just received a rejection e-mail. My game is over. Good luck for everyone :)

Hey. May I ask you about your GPA, GRE and other important aspects why you were rejected. I am sorry, maybe your experience set a baseline to measure my own application :)

Thanks.

I hope you all guys are doing great at LKYSPP. @aemi and @Daniyal1986 ! I want to take guidance from you as you both are from Pakistan. What is your academic background? I was sadly rejected from LKYSPP for MPP this year. I have Electrical Engineering background. What should I do in order to get admission over here? Any suggestions? Any recommendations? Any counselling from your side?

I will be very thankful to you.

Hi, Friends! I am currently working in Pakistan Institute of International Affairs (PIIA). Will experience gained over here in international affairs, migration themes etc. will help me in getting admission to MPP? What do you suggest? Waiting for your suggestions.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hello All,

The online application window for 2018 incoming batch has just got open.

I am 8+ in the industry, 4 of which with social sector, NGOs and government consulting (not-profit). I also have an MBA. Suitably, I should apply for the MPA program, but I am more keen for the MPP program by looking at the diversity of employment outcomes of the batch that graduated in 2016, compared to MPA, where 77% went back to the government.

Any suggestions?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Consultant with State Government in India with 8+ years of experience. Applied for both MPP and MPA 2018/19. Awaiting results. Contacted the University some time ago and I was told interviews happen between Jan and Feb, 2018. Would like to know if anybody got the call for the interview yet.

Edited by Udaya

On 1/23/2018 at 8:00 PM, Prester John said:

I think previous years trends show interview call in end jan-early feb and interview in mid-feb. But do they call all for an interview?

I heard from the Alumni and the admissions' office as well that, not all candidates need be interviewed. However, I was unable to gather any info. on what criteria marks a candidates' selection for an interview.