Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

Congratulations to those who received admissions today. Difficult decisions ahead!! 

I was accepted to other schools in the USA and UK and they are giving me some scholarship, while LKYSPP mentioned nothing on funding. I was accepted at LSE, King's College London, Wisconsin-Madison all of these with scholarship... and was waitlisted at Chicago-Harris. 

What are you considering to decide? Where are you from? I am from Colombia. Remember to join the group we have on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/928638657307337/?ref=group_header

Best!!

8 hours ago, Prester John said:

Thanks bro. Accepted WWS. Also got into HKS, SIPA and uChicago. LKY was more of the fail safe option...

Wow. Great. I heard from an HKS grad, (works in World Bank and has done MPA2) that getting through WWS is a better bet than HKS.

Hello. I have been following this forum since my application started and this forum has been really helpful in my application. Got through MPP with scholarship. Will be taking it up. Also got offers from HKS and NYU but considering I am most probably not going to recieve funding there, will be going to NUS only. 

8 minutes ago, binil_m said:

Hello. I have been following this forum since my application started and this forum has been really helpful in my application. Got through MPP with scholarship. Will be taking it up. Also got offers from HKS and NYU but considering I am most probably not going to recieve funding there, will be going to NUS only. 

Congrats Bro.

Where you Interviewed 

Hi, 

I got admitted to the MPP programme, but without a scholarship. The LKY admit packet says that one must show financial resources to cover the cost of school. While I will be able to put together the money eventually through loan and borrowings, they sent the admission letter on 19th March and expect the financial form by 31st March. 

10 days is not enough to put together so much money. Any help on how to go about this? Are other people in a similar situation?

Hi Diyadeb.

Maybe you could try writing to them for an extension, mentioning your current situation. I think they would be amenable to an extension. Congrats on making it! 

I applied for the MPP programme, gave an interview on the 21st and have still not received any mail. Hoping to hear some good news soon. 

8 hours ago, kskishen said:

Do you guys think that there will be more offers with full scholarship? I have other colleges deadlines to accept and I don't know what these "batches" of offers are supposed to mean. So, your inputs will come handy to me. 

10 days is a short period of time to decide whether attend or not, especially for those of us that received no funding at all. I am on the same situation as I received other offers with some scholarship. Would like to travel to Singapore but it is discouraging as a lot of other students received funding. Do you know if they offer partial scholarships?

2 hours ago, Juan Herrera said:

10 days is a short period of time to decide whether attend or not, especially for those of us that received no funding at all. I am on the same situation as I received other offers with some scholarship. Would like to travel to Singapore but it is discouraging as a lot of other students received funding. Do you know if they offer partial scholarships?

I have got an offer from The Graduate Institute Geneva with Full scholarship and living expenses for Masters in Development Studies. So I need to make a call soon. 

I'm not sure about funding in LKY. Maybe others in the group can comment. 

Hey! I am reconsidering my NUS decision so I just wanted some help with a decision between HKS and NUS MPP. 

Can somebody tell me the qualitative difference between how job prospects are at both and whether HKS will provide for a better career trajectory as compared to NUS? 

Are there specific benefits at HKS (other than brand value) which I should consider?

The trade-off is me taking a hefty loan to finance both tuition and stay at Harvard versus scholarship I already have at NUS. 

Thanks!

HKS definitely provide better career trajectory for its brand name. It would also have more diverse students for networking and knowledge exchange. You have to weigh how much it would cost to go to HKS, and if you can command a salary high enough after that to recover the "cost". If you have the money, go for HKS. 

Hi All, I had applied for MPA 2018. I come with background of about 12 years of work experience in environment and development sector. My interview was on 21 Feb and was offered admission on 20 March. However, it was without scholarship so I did not take it up now. In the application portal status changed to Application completed and offer made. Was given time till 30 March to accept or decline offer. I am guessing there could be chance for next batch from April and could be with scholarship.  On the interview it was specifically a case given to me and after half an hour of reading time, the interviewer asked only about the case. The case was to decide whether to give a loan to a gun manufacturing company by a bank that is supposed to work as green bank. I argued that the loan must be given. But had to defend it with fine details given in the case. 

all the best for future aspirants and those awaiting admissions !

I was also interviewed on 21st Feb with the same case study as above for MPA. The admission was offered without scholarship. I told them that I cannot afford funding so please consider me for scholarship. Today they replies and said "your application was considered for admission and scholarship together" Due to keen competition we are unable to offer you with scholarship. And hence regretted. A friend of mine told that they have already offered scholarship so try some load. That I cannot. So good bye LKY. 

Hi guys. I too, received an admission offer without the scholarship (MPP Program). I honestly think that there is still a chance for us to get scholarship if someone declines the offer from the first batch (based on the past forums and from statements of some people I know). However, I bet that not so many people will decline the offer. The first batch will go for a campus tour this first week of April. I assume that by end of first or probably second week, they may contact some people again for scholarship. Admissions is still on the roll til this month, so there still might be hope.  All the best to all of us!