Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

3 minutes ago, garry_putra said:

Just got the interview invitation for 3rd March 2019. I am Indonesian based in Jakarta. But I will be unavailable on that date, asking for rescheduling. 

Anybody else from Indonesia? 

When did you apply? And did you receive a call via email?

Also, do you mind sharing your profile?

On 2/16/2019 at 4:35 PM, Marky1985 said:

Did they email u before the interview?

Yeah they drop you mail before interview. Based on past experience, they are likely to drop an email in Feb last week for another round of interviews. 

I know waiting for the interview can be nerve wracking but I would recommend not worrying to much about it. 

All the best with your application :)

I initially applied for the MPP for 2019 intake and long story short I'm now an applicant for MPA 2019 intake. Is there a scholarship for MPA similar to that in MPP, and can interviews for MPA be over Skype, much like in the MPP? I tried contacting the school and they seem to be busy, so maybe someone here knows? 

3 hours ago, mikio said:

I initially applied for the MPP for 2019 intake and long story short I'm now an applicant for MPA 2019 intake. Is there a scholarship for MPA similar to that in MPP, and can interviews for MPA be over Skype, much like in the MPP? I tried contacting the school and they seem to be busy, so maybe someone here knows? 

I think they also offer scholarship for MPA. From what country you come from?

On 2/15/2019 at 2:31 PM, Ishugupta said:

Got the interview call on 14th feb 2019. Does anyone know about how does it happen?

Congrats! I also got my interview call on 14th for MPP. The interview is scheduled tomorrow. All the best!

1 hour ago, 9753 said:

Congrats! I also got my interview call on 14th for MPP. The interview is scheduled tomorrow. All the best!

All the best for your interview! 

Would you mind sharing a bit of your profile? I've applied for the MPP as well and have not heard from them. 

4 hours ago, Marky1985 said:

I think mid march they'll probably have the short-list. God bless to us all guys..

Thanks Marky. I'm hoping for good news by then, but haven't received an interview invitation at this point. 

4 hours ago, Repat Hopes said:

Thanks Marky. I'm hoping for good news by then, but haven't received an interview invitation at this point. 

Dont worry, like what they said, not all successful candidates need to go through an interview...by the way, what country u come from?

Hi all,

Just finished my interview so thought Id share the experience for any of you who are going through the panic.

The interview was exactly thirty minutes. the case study given was easy to decipher. It was on Coca plantations and it ended with three questions. The case study itself was 2 pages long and the paragraphs were numbered. The questions in the end were very easy. One was a small mathematical question based on the case itself. It was pretty simple and basic. Please dont stress about it at all.. The questions were given in the case itself and just required you to explain multiple points of view, if you can. Nothing tricky about the case.

Over all an easy process. read the paragraph and enjoy it. Take time to read the paragraph again. Also read parts that are irrelevant to the questions stated below. It will help with bringing a better perspective to your answers overall.

Good luck.

21 minutes ago, MPP2019applicant said:

Hi all,

Just finished my interview so thought Id share the experience for any of you who are going through the panic.

The interview was exactly thirty minutes. the case study given was easy to decipher. It was on Coca plantations and it ended with three questions. The case study itself was 2 pages long and the paragraphs were numbered. The questions in the end were very easy. One was a small mathematical question based on the case itself. It was pretty simple and basic. Please dont stress about it at all.. The questions were given in the case itself and just required you to explain multiple points of view, if you can. Nothing tricky about the case.

Over all an easy process. read the paragraph and enjoy it. Take time to read the paragraph again. Also read parts that are irrelevant to the questions stated below. It will help with bringing a better perspective to your answers overall.

Good luck.

Great going @MPP2019applicant. Thanks for sharing the insights, best wishes for the final selection!

On 2/21/2019 at 2:52 AM, tikna said:

Hello all, It's my first post on the group. To the people who have had their interview, can you kindly share the case study prompt? What were your experiences at the interview? My interview is scheduled on 22nd Feb!

All the best

3 minutes ago, ganba003 said:

Hello all,

Is the interview only about the case? Do they ask any personal questions? Does anyone know how many are shortlisted for interviews? 

Thanks,

KG

Hi, the interviewer asked me to tell briefly about myself. Next, he jumped straight on to the case study questions/discussion. Post this, again it was personal. He asked about my motivation to join the program and how will the program help me.

1 hour ago, ganba003 said:

How can we prepare for the interview? Any tips?

Be thorough with your essays. Align whatever you say about yourselves with what you have written in your essays.

Regarding case studies, I don't think you need to worry too much. It was pretty straight forward. 30 mins are enough for you to crack it. Read it once, then read it again. Go through each question one by one. Write the answers down in the way you'd want to tell them to the interviewer, if that helps you.

Most importantly, clear your mind. I didn't read anything on my interview day. Relax, the interviewers are quite sweet.

All the best!

15 hours ago, tikna said:

Be thorough with your essays. Align whatever you say about yourselves with what you have written in your essays.

Regarding case studies, I don't think you need to worry too much. It was pretty straight forward. 30 mins are enough for you to crack it. Read it once, then read it again. Go through each question one by one. Write the answers down in the way you'd want to tell them to the interviewer, if that helps you.

Most importantly, clear your mind. I didn't read anything on my interview day. Relax, the interviewers are quite sweet.

All the best!

Thank you so much :)

17 hours ago, tikna said:

Hi, the interviewer asked me to tell briefly about myself. Next, he jumped straight on to the case study questions/discussion. Post this, again it was personal. He asked about my motivation to join the program and how will the program help me.

Thank you so much!