Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

2 hours ago, vapra007 said:

Hi applied for MPA. Havent heard anything so far.

Anyone from India heard for MPA

I am sure you will make it, with or without the interview and as many have said not all applicants are interviewed so fingers crossed for you et al.

11 hours ago, Marky1985 said:

I was just curious, if u applied for MPP, is tjere a possibility that u will be approved for MPa or MIA? Thanks

They called me about a month back and told me my profile fit the MPA program better, and asked if I wanted to apply for the MPA instead.

No word on admission though.

Point is, I think they would ask first before considering moving applicants to other programs.

How does the MPP program at LKY compared to the MIB program at the Fletcher School, in terms of jobs prospects. Fletcher with its Harvard Connection seems like a better choice, prima facie. Would appreciate a second opinion on this. 

9 hours ago, mikio said:

They called me about a month back and told me my profile fit the MPA program better, and asked if I wanted to apply for the MPA instead.

No word on admission though.

Point is, I think they would ask first before considering moving applicants to other programs.

May we know ur profile? Thanks

8 minutes ago, Marky1985 said:

May we know ur profile? Thanks

I think it had more to do with the fact I've worked in the government and non profit sector for 7 years or so, and am nearer the upper limit of MPP applicants age-wise.

3 hours ago, mikio said:

I think it had more to do with the fact I've worked in the government and non profit sector for 7 years or so, and am nearer the upper limit of MPP applicants age-wise.

Wow, i work also for more than 11 years in the government particularly in the higher education commission. 

5 hours ago, Marky1985 said:

Wow, i work also for more than 11 years in the government particularly in the higher education commission. 

Just got an interview invite, so I assume they're still ongoing. FYI.

2 hours ago, Strider1 said:

No information after the interview.
I am not sure if we will hear anything this month as we learned that the interviews are still ongoing.
What do you guys think?

Someone here said that they'll release the results on April. Guess we just have to wait until then.

On 3/20/2019 at 1:04 AM, Barns said:

How does the MPP program at LKY compared to the MIB program at the Fletcher School, in terms of jobs prospects. Fletcher with its Harvard Connection seems like a better choice, prima facie. Would appreciate a second opinion on this. 

The LKY definitely has a strong record for employment outcomes amongst their graduates (90-ish% of MPP graduates land a job within their first year of graduation). 

However, much of the employed graduates end up working in Asia. If working in Asia is aligned to your career aspirations, I would suggest LKYSPP being the better option. 

Hi Everyone, 

I submitted my application for MPP a week before the deadline, only received a mail indicating that a document was missing. I sent the document and got an acknowledgement. However, I didn't received any mail for interview. I am a Nigerian resident in the capital, Abuja. Have 9 years experience in advocacy targeted at influencing public policies in the areas of health, rights and equality. At present, I work as the Coordinator, Advocacy and Policy Influencing at Institute for Humanitarian Studies and Social Development. 

15 hours ago, peculiarpat said:

Hi Everyone, 

I submitted my application for MPP a week before the deadline, only received a mail indicating that a document was missing. I sent the document and got an acknowledgement. However, I didn't received any mail for interview. I am a Nigerian resident in the capital, Abuja. Have 9 years experience in advocacy targeted at influencing public policies in the areas of health, rights and equality. At present, I work as the Coordinator, Advocacy and Policy Influencing at Institute for Humanitarian Studies and Social Development. 

The same happened to me.. I was informed that there is one document i have not submitted. After I complied, they updated my status as verifed. But until now, to news from them. :)

2 hours ago, vapra007 said:

Have anyone heard from LKY either on MIA, MPP or MPA?

I haven't yet heard on my MPP application. 

I'm not gonna lie - I have been checking my emails, the graduate admission system and this forum very frequently this week for any sign of news. 

Best of luck to all of us

5 hours ago, Repat Hopes said:

I haven't yet heard on my MPP application. 

I'm not gonna lie - I have been checking my emails, the graduate admission system and this forum very frequently this week for any sign of news. 

Best of luck to all of us

Thanks for chiming in and truth be told, I am in the same situation as yours, thankfully my work keeps me pretty occupied during the daytime. But then I see notifications from this thread via email and then I have a sore thumb from refreshing my Gmail account. ? I guess we all are in this together and let us keep cheering each other and as they say: No news is good news. So long!

12 hours ago, vapra007 said:

Have anyone heard from LKY either on MIA, MPP or MPA?

Hello! I haven't and, as many of you, are anxious about the answer. I have checked the brochure of the program in case of details about the acceptance rate, and found that the cohort is of 60 to 80 participants.

Let's hope for the best to all of us! Greetings from Peru!