Jump to content

Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi!  I received an offer and full scholarship (tuition fee waiver and stipend) for MPP yesterday. Super happy, it's been a long journey for me! If anyone else here plans to join the MPP for AY 20

ok guys so I spoke to LKY, they said I didn't get a scholarship and that chances of scholarships being redistributed are slim, exact words were "I can't tell you if it could happen but I would say no"

Enough of waiting for LKYSPP!! They are taking excess of time, as it surprises me their poor management skills. Anyways, I am on a full-ride with University of Oxford, and it has been accepted with a

3 hours ago, TJ026 said:

hi 

I have been shortlisted for interview and was told you about the case study we will get 20 min prior.

Does anyone know what will be the pattern of this case study how long it will be etc?

thanks.

Hi! When did you submit your application?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had my interview for the MPP program earlier today. The case study was very simple (it was actually sent to me 27 minutes prior to the interview) and the interviewer was extremely friendly and easy-going. It took about 30 mins. Started with brief introduction, then case study, and then some more personal questions. It felt more like an interactive conversation than an interview, which I certainly liked. Despite the fact that I messed up the time of the interview and had only 10 minutes for the case study, it was a pleasant interview. 

Good luck to everybody! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Zeppelin17 said:

Just had my interview for the MPP program earlier today. The case study was very simple (it was actually sent to me 27 minutes prior to the interview) and the interviewer was extremely friendly and easy-going. It took about 30 mins. Started with brief introduction, then case study, and then some more personal questions. It felt more like an interactive conversation than an interview, which I certainly liked. Despite the fact that I messed up the time of the interview and had only 10 minutes for the case study, it was a pleasant interview. 

Good luck to everybody! 

Hi, which country are you from?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 3:59 PM, TJ026 said:

hi 

I have been shortlisted for interview and was told you about the case study we will get 20 min prior.

Does anyone know what will be the pattern of this case study how long it will be etc?

thanks.

I received a simple extract from an essay / policy brief. The questions were pretty straightforward. 2 objective data questions and 4-5 subjective questions.

I wasn't asked anything outside the case study though. Not about myself, the course, nothing! Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. 😕

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zeppelin17 said:

Just had my interview for the MPP program earlier today. The case study was very simple (it was actually sent to me 27 minutes prior to the interview) and the interviewer was extremely friendly and easy-going. It took about 30 mins. Started with brief introduction, then case study, and then some more personal questions. It felt more like an interactive conversation than an interview, which I certainly liked. Despite the fact that I messed up the time of the interview and had only 10 minutes for the case study, it was a pleasant interview. 

Good luck to everybody! 

Hey, what sort of personal questions were asked? I had my interview today but I wasn't asked anything outside the case study. So I'ma little worried! :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, obscurelyalpha said:

Hey, what sort of personal questions were asked? I had my interview today but I wasn't asked anything outside the case study. So I'ma little worried! :(

I was asked about my past work experience, why I want to study Public Policy (my background is Economics, so she wanted me to specifically mention why I decided to continue with Public Policy rather than Econ), and then couple of questions about career goals. 

It might be that different interviewers are assigned for different countries, and that the one assigned for you conducts the interview in a different way. I would not take it as a bad sign, because even if the interviewer did not like your response to the case study, he/she still needs to ask the personal questions in order to rate your answers in comparison to other applicants. Hence it is likely that the lady/gentlemen who interviewed you has a different approach. How long did your interview take overall? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeppelin17 said:

I was asked about my past work experience, why I want to study Public Policy (my background is Economics, so she wanted me to specifically mention why I decided to continue with Public Policy rather than Econ), and then couple of questions about career goals. 

It might be that different interviewers are assigned for different countries, and that the one assigned for you conducts the interview in a different way. I would not take it as a bad sign, because even if the interviewer did not like your response to the case study, he/she still needs to ask the personal questions in order to rate your answers in comparison to other applicants. Hence it is likely that the lady/gentlemen who interviewed you has a different approach. How long did your interview take overall? 

When did you submit your application?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zeppelin17 said:

I was asked about my past work experience, why I want to study Public Policy (my background is Economics, so she wanted me to specifically mention why I decided to continue with Public Policy rather than Econ), and then couple of questions about career goals. 

It might be that different interviewers are assigned for different countries, and that the one assigned for you conducts the interview in a different way. I would not take it as a bad sign, because even if the interviewer did not like your response to the case study, he/she still needs to ask the personal questions in order to rate your answers in comparison to other applicants. Hence it is likely that the lady/gentlemen who interviewed you has a different approach. How long did your interview take overall? 

Ahan, that's what I was expecting! I'm shifting from law to policy, so I thought I'd have to explain it. My interview was just ~10 mins. I was asked the questions from the case study + some subjective connected questions where I had to give my opinion. No personal questions at all, so either my interviewer liked me and didn't feel the need to get into details, or disliked me and didn't feel the need to get into details... :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chevyyy195 said:

Anybody from MIA heard anything? I know that, due to covid-19 all the procedures were postponed... but the anxiety is killing me 😫

Hi, I just received an email about the interview for MIA, and the time is next Wednesday

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, JaydaZ said:

Hi, I just received an email about the interview for MIA, and the time is next Wednesday

best of luck luck.

still nothing for me :( 

you happen to know if the interview is like a requirement/filter to be accepted? like if i don’t receive an interview i’m automatically out? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chevyyy195 said:

best of luck luck.

still nothing for me :( 

you happen to know if the interview is like a requirement/filter to be accepted? like if i don’t receive an interview i’m automatically out? 

Thank you !

Don't worry. Seems like the interview is not a necessary part for shortlisted applicants. Imo one may receive an offer of admission without an interview.

Hope you all the best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JaydaZ said:

Thank you !

Don't worry. Seems like the interview is not a necessary part for shortlisted applicants. Imo one may receive an offer of admission without an interview.

Hope you all the best.

I see, hope everything goes well 🙌

 and again, best of luck 👏

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Chevyyy195 said:

I see, hope everything goes well 🙌

 and again, best of luck 👏

Where are you from by the way? I applied for MPP and I still haven’t received anything from LKYSPP as well.

Edited by Mr. X9946
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.