Stanford

theoretician

Anyone know much about graduate housing? When I visited they strongly suggested that I live on campus.

Yeah, graduate housing seems to be really good and convenient, so I will definitely be doing it for my first year at least.  You can fill out a housing application online starting in mid April until mid May and as long as you fill it out by the May deadline, you have an equal chance of getting your top choice housing as anyone else.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, graduate housing seems to be really good and convenient, so I will definitely be doing it for my first year at least.  You can fill out a housing application online starting in mid April until mid May and as long as you fill it out by the May deadline, you have an equal chance of getting your top choice housing as anyone else.

Hope that helps.

Do you know if Munger is realistically attainable for non-Law students? I have read that law students get priority for Munger, but it seems like the place I'd most want to live (and I'm not in the law school).

Do you know if Munger is realistically attainable for non-Law students? I have read that law students get priority for Munger, but it seems like the place I'd most want to live (and I'm not in the law school).

I believe (but don't quote me on this) that half, if not more than half, of Munger is reserved for law students and the rest of the spots are available for other graduate students.  I know one person in the chemistry PhD program who I met on my visit who got assigned to Munger for his first year of grad school.

I'll be there for an MS in civil and environmental engineering. Does anyone know when the earliest move in date is for on campus housing??

I'll be there for an MS in civil and environmental engineering. Does anyone know when the earliest move in date is for on campus housing??

I think it will be September 13th based on this link: http://www.stanford.edu/dept/rde/cgi-bin/drupal/housing/calendar/single-grad?page=2

I'm also CEE! Doing SDC specifically.

Hi all!  I'm very excited to be attending Stanford next Fall.  I'll be enrolled in the Developmental and Psychological Sciences PhD housed in the Department of Education.  I just filled out my housing application today, and I'm super excited!!

MS in EE.  Has anyone heard anything official from Stanford after submitting your acceptance?

Their system won't send you anything.  You should be able to access your Stanford email shortly, though.

MS in EE.  Has anyone heard anything official from Stanford after submitting your acceptance?

I called grad admissions and they said if you want to make sure, you can call your department and they can confirm that they received your acceptance.  I thought it was strange that they don't acknowledge the acceptance :)

I am MA East Asian Studies.

MS in CS. Very very excited.

Currently thinking about living in Rains; while EV is cheaper (in some cases...suspiciously cheaper...), I've heard it's primarily married couples, very quite, and not very social, whereas Rains is very social. Which is what I want. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...