Stanford

theoretician

Got first choice, Munger 4 BR

I saw this blurb in the email:

"You have not yet been assigned to a specific apartment. Individual apartment assignments and roommate assignments for autumn term are made over the summer by local Housing Front Desk Coordinators (not Housing Assignments) after students have been assigned to a specific type of housing. Your Housing Front Desk will contact you with your building information at least two-weeks before your move-in date, but the apartment assignment and roommate information will not be available until you check in."

So we won't know who our roommates are until the day we move in?

Welp, looks like I'm still unassigned and waiting for the next round...#71 on the wait-list for guaranteed housing. Looking at the subsidized off-campus options now. Some look really nice but have god awful-reviews on Yelp and apartmentratings.com (Oak Creek/Sharon Green). Anyone have any recommendations for a passable off-campus apartment (safe/good management/Stanford student presence) until I can be reassigned for on-campus housing?

• 1 month later...

Hey fellow Cardinal, does anybody by chance know of any other Stanford students that need roommates? I got an absurdly expensive housing assignment, so I'm looking for a non-university housing place.

• 1 month later...