Accepted without financial support?

Phoenix Rising

Ow, salt in the wound. No funding at either prog. Darn my "safety schools" strategy. There's the option of applying to other depts and offices, but that hasn't worked out well so far (time, various requirements, interest).

I'm hoping another year will offer better results.

I was accepted to NC State (no funding) and declined the offer. About two weeks later, I got an email from some coordinator elsewhere in the University inviting me to apply for funded TA positions. :roll:

My Indiana offer came without funding as well, but said they would try to help me find something after I accepted. My UGA offer came with an asterisk, if you will. "We want to give you funding, but don't have our budget yet....So, it could be June before we know anything." I had to do a lot of soul searching over the decision and finally settled on UGA. I already have a preliminary financial aid offer (all loans) that is an option if I absolutely need it. I've also found a way to possibly get in-state tuition my first year if I can't get funding.

I had to do a lot of soul searching over the decision and finally settled on UGA. I already have a preliminary financial aid offer (all loans) that is an option if I absolutely need it. I've also found a way to possibly get in-state tuition my first year if I can't get funding.

Through your department, you can apply for an out-of-state tuition waiver if you aren't able to secure other funding.

I ended up getting a financial aid offer...a TA position with full tuition remission + a small stipend to start, with the possibility of going to a full-time TA position with a bigger stipend later on.

YAY!

So I hope that brings hope to some people...maybe as other students decline, there could be financial aid floating out there...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use