Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

Just found out I'm a (P) for Fulbright-mtvU, VERY excited! @sirskipalot: My project is one-part music festival and one-part authoring monthly digital stories on the intersection of music & the environment. I'm currently a music journalist for a DC paper and have worked in live music programming (including festivals) since college. This feels like a dream!

Congratulations to everyone else selected...if anyone else has been selected for a Fulbright in Iceland...let me know and I'd love to Skype. For those that still haven't heard back, keep beaming that inner positive energy!

Just when I was starting to give up hope and apply to other programs, I got the call--my (A) has turned to (P)!!!!!!!!! South Korea here I come!

Hope this serves as some encouragement to all you other alternates out there!! Keep holding on!!  :D

Awesome, congratulations!

Just found out I'm a (P) for Fulbright-mtvU, VERY excited! @sirskipalot: My project is one-part music festival and one-part authoring monthly digital stories on the intersection of music & the environment. I'm currently a music journalist for a DC paper and have worked in live music programming (including festivals) since college. This feels like a dream!

Congratulations to everyone else selected...if anyone else has been selected for a Fulbright in Iceland...let me know and I'd love to Skype. For those that still haven't heard back, keep beaming that inner positive energy!

Congratulations!

standing-ovation.gif

OMG!!! Your project sounds so incredibly cool (so does your current job actually)!!! That sound really amazing. Where are you going?

Wow! I just submitted my medical history form less than twenty-four hours ago and just received an email saying that my medical clearance has already been issued. Cool! Is that really it?

Wow is right! I think I'll call about this on Monday. I submitted mine almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything or seen anything on the portal page. But good for you that it got done so quickly!

Wow is right! I think I'll call about this on Monday. I submitted mine almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything or seen anything on the portal page. But good for you that it got done so quickly!

The email was from the person in charge of the region. Maybe it is a regional thing?

Still waiting for Argentina here, haven't heard anything since the initial finalist email. It's definitely later than they've notified in the past. I think there are some other SA countries waiting as well?

Yep. Still waiting on Venezuela.

Edited by rkdude02

Also, I just heard that a girl in my school just got bumped up to P for a Taiwan ETA. Alternates, there is still hope!

Thank you for sharing! Every alternate bump I hear of eases the anxiousness ;)

Edited by Sine

I still have not heard back on my final status. I applied to Oman. I contacted my program officer and he told me his colleagues in DC still haven't given him any notice for the recommended people who applied to Oman. :-( :-( :-( :-(

Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it!!! And I hope everyone who is waiting for Argentina and other countries hears back soon! It would be awesome to see a few of you in Argentina :) 

I still have not heard back on my final status. I applied to Oman. I contacted my program officer and he told me his colleagues in DC still haven't given him any notice for the recommended people who applied to Oman. :-( :-( :-( :-(

What?! That is awful! I can't imagine waiting that long. Stay strong- you'll get through this! 

Wow! I just submitted my medical history form less than twenty-four hours ago and just received an email saying that my medical clearance has already been issued. Cool! Is that really it?

I received the same email 24 hours after I submitted my forms online.  I think we both received clearance if they emailed us back.

Congratulations!!!!! Your project sounds like it will be AMAZING!!

Congratulations to those who heard about Venezuela and all other notifications!

I just got an email with P in the subject line for Argentina! I am beyoooooond thrilled :D

Hope you all who are still waiting hear very soon!!!!!!

Alrighty y'all, I received some good news this morning...

I'M GOING TO VENEZUELA!!!

Hazzah!!! Yaaaaayyyy! :D

NICE! Congrats on your Venezuela ETA. Can't be long for Argentina now...maybe tomorrow? Sounds like some of you have heard from Argentina, yet I still haven't. INSANE!!!

Congratulations to those who heard about Venezuela and all other notifications!

I just got an email with P in the subject line for Argentina! I am beyoooooond thrilled :D

Hope you all who are still waiting hear very soon!!!!!!

Congratulations! :D

Just got the email. (A) to Argentina. Disappointing since this happened three years ago too, but hoping for some movement/good news within the next month. Could be worse, right? Just more waiting.

I'm alternate for Moldova, and have been waiting since mid-April. Hopefully your wait isn't that long. I've observed in past forums that things usually start heating up for alternates next week through mid June. Fingers crossed!