Florida State's Askew School of PA & Policy: Any info?

invicta

• 2 weeks later...

I was recently accepted into the MPA program at FSU and I can say that for me, it was more for the opportunity to network (because its in Florida's capitol) than the prestige of the program.

I have read that school prestige counts more if you're looking to go to consulting, but doesn't matter as much if you're going into the government sector.

• 5 months later...

I was recently accepted into the MPA program at FSU and I can say that for me, it was more for the opportunity to network (because its in Florida's capitol) than the prestige of the program.

I have read that school prestige counts more if you're looking to go to consulting, but doesn't matter as much if you're going into the government sector.

Makes sense. Thanks. 

I've taken a few undergrad/mixed-level classes with some profs who teach in the Askew School of Public Admin. If you can try to take the classes on Homeland Security or Terrorism with either Audrey Heffron-Casserleigh or David Merrick, or any Emergency Management class taught by Janet Dilling. They're all pretty great. 

That said, don't get hung up on rankings. FSU's MPA program is pretty decent if you're looking for a career in the field (especially since it's located in a state capital). 

• 2 years later...
On 12/14/2013 at 4:03 PM, Authorization said:

I've taken a few undergrad/mixed-level classes with some profs who teach in the Askew School of Public Admin. If you can try to take the classes on Homeland Security or Terrorism with either Audrey Heffron-Casserleigh or David Merrick, or any Emergency Management class taught by Janet Dilling. They're all pretty great. That said, don't get hung up on rankings. FSU's MPA program is pretty decent if you're looking for a career in the field (especially since it's located in a state capital). 

Thanks. I should have clarified I was interested in the PhD program, sorry!