SLP Fall 2014

Just thinking....now that people are starting to hear back from schools, should we start a 2014 SLP Admissions Thread?  This thread is getting kind of long.  It would be nice to have a space to celebrate acceptances (and console rejections). 

got denied at Long Beach...heres hoping to the other schools I've applied, sending out my CSUEB application tomorrow.

So sorry about your rejection, smartypants14. Keep your head up! Out of curiosity, how did they inform you of their decision? Via email?

Hello everyone! 

Did any of you apply to Pacific University, and if so, have you been asked to interview with them? I just received an e-mail from the admissions director asking me to come out and interview and I was wondering people thought's on it!! Good luck to everyone on this post!

On 1/30/2014 at 8:05 AM, Asemooooooo said:

Hi Katha, How many quarter units is in the SLP program?  How many do students do to complete the program at CSUEB?

Hi!

This is taken straight from their website:

Degree Requirements

The program leading to the M.S. degree in Speech-Language Pathology requires completion of at least 74 quarter units of credit with grades of "B" (3.0) or better from the courses listed below. The Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential track prepares a student to apply for California's Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential. It is 78 units and requires the completion of the M.S. degree, EPSY 5021 Introduction to Educating all Students in Diverse Classrooms (4), and fulfillment of the State of California's Basic Skills Requirement. The work must be completed within five calendar years after admission to the program. At least 63 units must be completed in residence.

Here's the link: http://www20.csueastbay.edu/ecat/graduate-chapters/g-sppa.html#ms-sp-lang-path

• 2 weeks later...

Just got rejected by UNM again, my home school. I seriously do not understand what they want. I'm devastated.

I'm sorry. All I can say is that each program has their own (absurd?) criteria that none of us can ever hope to imagine or guess at. I'm sure you will be another school's perfect fit :). I can sympathize because I am a re-applicant after being wait-listed last year as well. Keep your chin up.

Just got rejected by UNM again, my home school. I seriously do not understand what they want. I'm devastated.

I have totally given up trying to figure out what the heck AdComs are looking for.  It's so random. 

Sorry about your reject. :(

Thanks guys. It so nice to have people empathize! I have six more schools, and I will keep my fingers crossed for all of us!! I continue to congratulate all of those with acceptances and wish the rest of you all the luck in the world. Goodness knows we need it!

I'm sorry to hear that! This is my second year applying as well. I'm sure you will have better luck with the others!

Hey everyone!  I have been reading these posts so I decided to make an account.  I am dying to hear back from schools.  Unfortunately my first was a rejection from Umass Amherst, but I have 7 more chances!

Applying to: Umass Amherst, Appalachian State, Western Carolina University, SUNY Buffalo, Northeastern, Clarion University, Radford University, East Stroudsburg University

Lillian, you sound quite competitive, don't worry so much! (Again, I'm a giant hypocrite there, but it's good advice even if I don't take it, lol.) Your in-major GPA is more important than overall, and since you can show an upward pattern to your grades (better GPA last two years) that makes it look even better. :) Plus with your GRE (which is much better than you made it sound - basically 150+ seems fine) and your experience, and the sheer number of schools you're applying to...I'd be ridiculously surprised if you didn't get in anywhere. That said, good luck! :)

Thank you!! I am hoping so. had an interview with Loma Linda yesterday, and it went really well as far as I could tell. Good luck to you as well :)

Hey everyone!  I have been reading these posts so I decided to make an account.  I am dying to hear back from schools.  Unfortunately my first was a rejection from Umass Amherst, but I have 7 more chances!

Applying to: Umass Amherst, Appalachian State, Western Carolina University, SUNY Buffalo, Northeastern, Clarion University, Radford University, East Stroudsburg University

Sorry you had a rejection, but glad you realize you've got seven more schools! (the nice thing about applying to so many)

Did any other NYU applicants receive an e-mail from Maria Grigos regarding scholarship information? The e-mail does not insinuate that a decision has been made, but I am wondering whether or not it was sent to all applicants.

Hello, I'm in the process of applying to various CSUs for next fall. I did my undergrad at Utah State (online 2nd Bachelor's). I've received an inquiry from Chico as to my per-requisit courses. I'm worried that Utah State's courses won't align with CSU's requirements. Any experience with this?

Thanks