SLP Fall 2014

We're applying to so many of the same schools! I also have U of I left, along with Elmhurst and Northwestern. I'm aiming for getting all my drafts done before Christmas.

Good luck to you sayjo and asemoooooo!

I noticed that too!  My husband and I want to stay close to Illinois since his family is here.  Good luck on the rest of your apps!

CSDCAS confuses me so much! I just got my fall grades today and went to update my coursework from Planned/In Progress to complete/enter my grades but couldn't figure out how, so I sent an updated transcript to CSDCAS.  I haven't e-submit yet. When can I update that so it calculates my grade correctly once I do e-submit? HELP :wacko:

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say hello. I am limited geographically, so I am only applying to PSU and Pacific here in Portland. I am halfway through my post-bacc prerequisites through the University of Florida.

Here are my stats:

Prerequisite GPA: 4.0

Major GPA: 3.76

Cumulative GPA: 3.45

(I took some dual enrollment classes while I was in high school and slacked off - over a decade ago! but it affects my gpa)

GRE:

Quant: 152, Qual: 162, AW: 6

I just e-submitted through CSDCAS, though they are still waiting for my transcripts from the three classes I completed this semester. Is anyone else only applying to Portland schools?

I've done observations at Shriners hospitals here in Portland and in Philly, and my daughter receives frequent speech therapy. But my undergraduate major is English. I think my letters of rec are alright - two from SLP professors from the most recent semester and one from the editor that I worked under as a journalist for three years (my employer). 

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi! Now time to wait together until notifications in the spring.

YES!!!

Ugh I am just not excited. I'm so dreading checking the mail and emails after I send in my apps. It's like... my whole next two years depend on what happens with this in three months! Ah!

So, is anyone else really dreading this 3 month wait that we have?

OMG Yes! I thought of drinking my way through the next 3 months, but I remembered that I'll need all of my neurons for grad school... :wacko:

OMG Yes! I thought of drinking my way through the next 3 months, but I remembered that I'll need all of my neurons for grad school... :wacko:

HAHA RIGHT! I thought the same thing.. and then I remembered that and that I have to do well in these last few COMD reqs  :huh:

How do you all make that bottom part to your posts that shows Bachelors, applying to, accepted and rejected and waitlisted?  I need a helper to help me figure that out :)  thanks!

Hi twinguy7,  go to top right where your ID says "twinguy7" click on it then click on "my settings" and then you will see tab signature. Once you see signature tab, you can write whatever you like to, like I just added, applying to:  Rejected:  Accepted:

Hope this will help.

Edited by dial1010usa

Does anyone know how long it takes CSDCAS to evaluate your transcripts? I'm worried my school won't get my application in time :/

Is your school a green zone? If it's orange or blue, I don't think you need to worry about that before the deadline.

HAHA RIGHT! I thought the same thing.. and then I remembered that and that I have to do well in these last few COMD reqs  :huh:

That's terrible! We're both in bad shape. As an alternative to destroying what brain cells I have left, I have instead developed a rather strange addiction to Cheez-Its. :unsure:

I feel much so much better knowing that I'm not the only one craving liquid comfort. 

Does anyone know how long it takes CSDCAS to evaluate your transcripts? I'm worried my school won't get my application in time :/

I completed an app on CSDCAS friday the 6th and it was verified and complete by the 16th of this week.  So it takes about 10 days it seems.

That's terrible! We're both in bad shape. As an alternative to destroying what brain cells I have left, I have instead developed a rather strange addiction to Cheez-Its. :unsure:

I feel much so much better knowing that I'm not the only one craving liquid comfort. 

I'm just thankful for this thread so I don't have to wait by myself! No one else understands haha.. 

I completed an app on CSDCAS friday the 6th and it was verified and complete by the 16th of this week.  So it takes about 10 days it seems.

Wow that's a lot faster than I thought! Thanks!

Is your school a green zone? If it's orange or blue, I don't think you need to worry about that before the deadline.

Oh my goodness I never checked! Thank you for asking. It's orange so I will stop worrying so much :)

NP! I was worrying too until I realized that mine are blue or orange. Does anyone else feel like it's so EXPENSIVE applying through CSDCAS? I kind of wish the schools that use it would waive the supplemental application fee!

Hi twinguy7,  go to top right where your ID says "twinguy7" click on it then click on "my settings" and then you will see tab signature. Once you see signature tab, you can write whatever you like to, like I just added, applying to:  Rejected:  Accepted:

Hope this will help.

Thanks! I think I got it figured out!

NP! I was worrying too until I realized that mine are blue or orange. Does anyone else feel like it's so EXPENSIVE applying through CSDCAS? I kind of wish the schools that use it would waive the supplemental application fee!

Oh my gosh it is way too expensive! I think it's really stupid that on top of the CSDCAS fee we have to pay the individual university fee. This is ridiculous. Ugh. And I'm applying to like 8 schools too, which makes it even more ridiculous!

Oh my gosh it is way too expensive! I think it's really stupid that on top of the CSDCAS fee we have to pay the individual university fee. This is ridiculous. Ugh. And I'm applying to like 8 schools too, which makes it even more ridiculous!

I know, same here :(. It makes me want to NOT apply to CSDCAS schools! 

Speaking of CSDCAS, I got a little confused on Portland State's website. Do we need to fill out a PSU application for their website, or is it just for students who are waitlisted in the program come April? I have everything complete for Portland when it comes to CSDCAS, but I wasn't sure about the PSU application on their website. Thanks!

Speaking of CSDCAS, I got a little confused on Portland State's website. Do we need to fill out a PSU application for their website, or is it just for students who are waitlisted in the program come April? I have everything complete for Portland when it comes to CSDCAS, but I wasn't sure about the PSU application on their website. Thanks!

I think we can submit the graduate application to portland state later, as long as it is in by April 15th. I might e-mail the advisor to ask though. That's a good question.

I think we can submit the graduate application to portland state later, as long as it is in by April 15th. I might e-mail the advisor to ask though. That's a good question.

I was wondering about this too! If someone figures this out, please let us know! I'm so confused!

First post for this application season - applied to schools last year, but found myself reconsidering the schools I'd chosen mid-way through.

Have readjusted my focus to schools with both bilingual programs and a focus on the medical setting. I find my heart set on Rush, but I would be content at any of the schools I am applying to.

In the midst of my third bachelors through USU (had a double major my first time in undergrad) and I am loving the program. I am glad to both be getting an academic background in the field and verification that I've chosen the right field.

I'm putting the final touches on my applications - and having been on this roller coaster before, I can say the next three months will feel like a lifetime. At least I will have coursework to distract me this time!