PhD applications for 2014 chit chat...

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Comic sans?!?!

I was just accepted to Wycliffe in Toronto. It says finances are given by the individual colleges in one of the PDFs they sent. I guess we will have to wait and see on those.   After getting rejecte

I know speculation is dangerous and usually like to avoid it but what are your thoughts on this ...

I emailed a POI about a month ago (Jan. 9) at a Canadian school I applied to and didn't hear back until today. In the email the POI said, "...my apologies for being so tardy in responding to this. We have reviewed your file and you will be hearing from our chair soon. I look forward to further correspondence that may result from that."

Umm......... A tiny hopeful spark in me wants to think that since it took so long to reply, the POI wouldn't have bothered with responding/ saying all that if I didn't get in? Any thoughts? Don't worry the hope won't get too big just in case.

I know speculation is dangerous and usually like to avoid it but what are your thoughts on this ...

I emailed a POI about a month ago (Jan. 9) at a Canadian school I applied to and didn't hear back until today. In the email the POI said, "...my apologies for being so tardy in responding to this. We have reviewed your file and you will be hearing from our chair soon. I look forward to further correspondence that may result from that."

Umm......... A tiny hopeful spark in me wants to think that since it took so long to reply, the POI wouldn't have bothered with responding/ saying all that if I didn't get in? Any thoughts? Don't worry the hope won't get too big just in case.

Sounds pretty hopeful to me. Congrats, Giotto.

Well, I don't see any correspondence that could happen if it were a rejection!!!! :D!!!!!!