DAAD Graduate Study Scholarship 2014-2015

dolfinz

Anyone else applying for the DAAD study scholarship for next fall? I've been working on my study proposal, and I noticed that the prompt asks to explain why a specific program has been chosen. However, on the application itself, there is an option to list more than one program. Is it expected that we explain why every program, including the alternates, has been chosen?

• 1 month later...

Hey. I'm also trying to hash out a study proposal for this application. Have you had any luck?

I've been thinking it might be a good idea to try and contact some successful past applicants to put together a list of suggestions for future applicants (and us!). 

• 3 months later...

Which country you beolong? For my country they have declared that procedure got changed  and now candidates will hear only from DAAD-Bonn in Feb/March. I think they will announce anything in March propably.

I'm from the Philippines. I also got notification that we will hear news first week of march. I'm really getting nervous as my class starts right on the first of April and I haven't started with my visa or anything else yet...

@sarah, depends on which program you apply to. they didn't require it for the program I applied to, although they highly recommend any proof of german language study.

Oh okay thank you. I tried applying to some German universities but almost all of them require German language proficiency, at least B1 level

I'm from the Philippines. I also got notification that we will hear news first week of march. I'm really getting nervous as my class starts right on the first of April and I haven't started with my visa or anything else yet...

Will you go for your program any way? I mean irrespective of scholarship?

• 2 weeks later...

hey, are you waiting for masters or PhD results? Results for Masters program had already announced by DAAD. I knew it because some of the recipient were updating their status and asking questions about relevant matters with DAAD on their face book account. You can visit to DAAD-Pakistan fb account for rechecking.

ah man that's pretty tough - still hoping for the best though, otherwise I need to find a new job soon...

I applied for the Masters program through DAAD North America, and I still haven't heard anything. I called last week, and the person I spoke to in NYC said that everything is done on their end, they're just waiting for the stamps of approval from Bonn. Hopefully we'll all find out soon!

hey, are you waiting for masters or PhD results? Results for Masters program had already announced by DAAD. I knew it because some of the recipient were updating their status and asking questions about relevant matters with DAAD on their face book account. You can visit to DAAD-Pakistan fb account for rechecking.

hi there saby, thanks for the information! I'll check the account then!

i'm applying for a master program for artists btw.

Edited by kazarareta

Did they send you an email you to notice you from they decision ?

I applied for the "intensive language course" for graduate students in north america and I still don't have any news from them...