DAAD Graduate Study Scholarship 2014-2015

dolfinz

Did anyone else apply for a full year research grant? 

Yes, I also applied for a full Research Grant and found the "Selection made" status on the portal. Hopefully the rest of us will get something in the mail today if we don't live too far away from NYC.

Viel Erfolg! :)

Did anyone else apply for a full year research grant? 

I applied for full year research. I live just outside of NYC metro area and haven't heard anything. Portal shows "selection made." 

Somewhere, a DAAD employee (and a Fulbright employee) is reading, shaking his/her head, and chuckling.

I think this is because the research grants use the portal  (in addition to snail mail) whereas the study grants do not this year. You applied for the study grant, right?

Does the research grant really use the portal though? I got the sense that DAAD didn't actually look at the application via the website, but that the website just checked over our application for omissions before we sent in the hard copy.

I found out last night (around 4:30pm) that I was selected through email for a Study Scholarship. Good luck to those who haven't heard yet, and even more to those who heard bad news. I doubt there was much difference at all in the quality of our applications; this scholarship is so self-selected that it's a crap shoot.

I found out last night (around 4:30pm) that I was selected through email for a Study Scholarship. Good luck to those who haven't heard yet, and even more to those who heard bad news. I doubt there was much difference at all in the quality of our applications; this scholarship is so self-selected that it's a crap shoot.

Congratulations! Still no word from any research apps it seems.

I applied for the "intensive language course" too and I still don't have any news. When I wrote to the NY Office, they told me they would give the results by email at the beginning of april. I guess we will know in the next two weeks...

Thanks Miscfactory! Did you ever hear anything at all about them receiving your application? I know most agencies don't send things like that but I was just curious.

Good luck! Where did you apply to? I think I applied to Leipzig and Dusseldorf. Do you know anyone that has done it before? It sounds like such a great way to spend a summer.

No, they didn't confirm the reception of my application (I forgot to ask when wrote them).

One of my colleague received the DAAD Scholarship for intensive summer courses and said it was great experience! I applied for Berlin and for Dresden.

If I receive an email about my application I will post the news here. If you could do the same it would be nice :)

Good luck!

No, they didn't confirm the reception of my application (I forgot to ask when wrote them).

One of my colleague received the DAAD Scholarship for intensive summer courses and said it was great experience! I applied for Berlin and for Dresden.

If I receive an email about my application I will post the news here. If you could do the same it would be nice :)

Good luck!

I will most certainly post as soon as I hear from them either way!

Congrats everyone!

Does anyone know if the DAAD does alternates?

Hello and congratulations to those who received good news!

I also received good news today on the research grant!

The letter I received does indicate that there is a "reserve list," though I am not sure whether one would know where one is on the list. 

Hello and congratulations to those who received good news!

I also received good news today on the research grant!

The letter I received does indicate that there is a "reserve list," though I am not sure whether one would know where one is on the list. 

This is weird. You received a hard copy (snail mail)? I got an email without any details, telling me that I'd receive details at the end of May! 

Any reason why your application was different than mine and steppenwolf's? (He also received email.) Did you also apply for Fulbright?

This is weird. You received a hard copy (snail mail)? I got an email without any details, telling me that I'd receive details at the end of May! 

Any reason why your application was different than mine and steppenwolf's? (He also received email.) Did you also apply for Fulbright?

I apologize for confusion. I did receive an e-mail. The electronic letterhead and format made it look letter-like, but I probably just said letter rather than e-mail in the excitement. 

I did also apply for Fulbright.

For those that also applied for the Fullbright, if you don't mind me asking , will you accept the DAAD if you are also awarded Fullbright? I heard that the reserve list is there usually for this reason because most people that apply for the DAAD also give the Fullbright a shot.