Duke English vs Literature?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey guys, like you, I've been wondering the same thing for weeks now. I guess that they already sent invites and that simply the people who received them are not on GC to tell us.

It would be very good to know so that we can move on and get out of this limbo. Has anybody heard anything?

I hope you are right Gustav! And history does seem to suggest that. Although if you look at 2010 only one person posted it, and after 15 days from the invite...(I know I'm probably being overly analytic)

What makes me wonder is that many other departments in the Humanities (included Romance studies and English) already sent out acceptances, and they don't even have interviews.. 

However, like you say, not seeing any posts could (and should) still be a good sign for us.  :)  

Edited by WalterBenj

I hope you are right Gustav! And history does seem to suggest that. Although if you look at 2010 only one person posted it, and after 15 days from the invite...(I know I'm probably being overly analytic)

What makes me wonder is that many other departments in the Humanities (included Romance studies and English) already sent out acceptances, and they don't even have interviews.. 

However, like you say, not seeing any posts could (and should) still be a good sign for us.  :)  

You are right. My wishful thinking led me to ignore the anomalies (sending invites on Feb. is already anomalous)... 

But, still, finger crossed for all of us still waiting for Dr. Jameson and his friends. :)

Nothing. Maybe all the interviewees got together and collectively decided to leave the rest of us in the dark. A sophisticated form of grad forum trolling...

Or maybe they are just on a different timeline this year? Anyone have a connection in the department who can find out?

Hey guys, I have no idea, but it's a slow wait each day. One theory I have is that since they changed the DGS this year they also changed the timeline and maybe the whole process? But it's still late though... Or maybe all the interviewees are not here! :(

In the meanwhile congrats to Gustav on Berkeley and Cornell!! It's awesome...I just read it!

Or maybe all the interviewees are not here! :(

Certainly a possibility that many are not on GC. I'd guess that at most only about half of each cohort reports acceptances on the results board, and even fewer people are active on the forums. 

Hey Guys,

Have you heard anything from Duke lit? Should we all imply a rejection? It seems so weird that they haven't contacted anyone. I would like to find some piece of mind about it....

Edited by WalterBenj

Hey Guys,

Have you heard anything from Duke lit? Should we all imply a rejection? It seems so weird that they haven't contacted anyone. I would like to find some piece of mind about it....

Still silent on my end. I checked my app through Duke's website and it says "No Notifications." I'm assuming rejection for piece of mind. Onward!

Edited by christakins

Still silent on my end. I checked my app through Duke's website and it till says "No Notifications." I'm assuming rejection for piece of mind. Onward!

True. That's what I'm doing. It just makes me wonder why there is no sign whatsoever, while we have info about almost every other major english or complit department. But I guess it's just a random thing.

I wouldn't give up complete hope. On the results board in the past they have sent out interviews as late as Feb 14. Most years they were sent earlier, but hope is still there. And they typically don't notify acceptances until March at the earliest.

That's also true!! This is exactly my logic....but then sometimes I just think that this year acceptances are not on GC. I guess that we only need to wait and see.