Audiology-gy-gy-gy

pqo309

Well, it kind of depends. I can get put on the "non-deployable" list if I am in a "medical" program. While AuD is not that, I think I might find out I can use the program to change my deployment code. If not, I don't know. I have some other options that might change my reserve status. All programs have to hold you spot in the event of a deployment. Thankfully, I am backed legally there. I was almost deployed in my undergrad and my SLHS undergraduate advisor was beyond helpful getting me the information I needed. However, I don't want a break in school. 

We'll see how it goes. 

Me too! I am mostly worried about my GRE score. I just don't test well. So, that think that's my biggest deficit in my application.

I think that the waiting has a way of making all of us doubt some part of our applications. 

If you look at the results section and put "audiology" you can see that programs are starting to give out responses... makes me more nervous as time goes by!!

Oh I know seeing all the results does start to make me more anxious too!

I think that the waiting has a way of making all of us doubt some part of our applications. 

Hence why I refuse to look at that results page. It will only stress me even more. I would like to maintain at least some of confidence I did have walking into this. 

Hence why I refuse to look at that results page. It will only stress me even more. I would like to maintain at least some of confidence I did have walking into this. 

I know I hadn't looked at it but then I did lol  I guess I will just have to stay away from it  :mellow:

Glad to find this site!  Nice to have a place to have some idea of where people have heard from thus far.  I applied to: UIowa, Vanderbilt, UNC Chapel Hill, Northwestern, Kansas, UT Austin, Syracuse, UMass Amherst, UConn, Northeastern, Pitt, SDSU/UCSD, and WashU.  Looking forward to hearing back! 

Glad to find this site!  Nice to have a place to have some idea of where people have heard from thus far.  I applied to: UIowa, Vanderbilt, UNC Chapel Hill, Northwestern, Kansas, UT Austin, Syracuse, UMass Amherst, UConn, Northeastern, Pitt, SDSU/UCSD, and WashU.  Looking forward to hearing back! 

Welcome to the thread! 

Has anyone else received an interview invitation for UNC Chapel Hill? I had no idea they did interviews for AuDs--can't find it anywhere on their website!

Yes! I just recieved an interview invitation for UNC Chapel Hill as well.  I was only aware that they required on site interviews due to discussions I had with faculty -- I don't think it is listed anywhere on their website! Congrats! Are you in-state or out-of-state?  I will be traveling from Boston!

I also got the an invitation to interview at UNC Chapel Hill. I was also surprised, given that there is nothing stated on the website, but I'm excited nonetheless! 

@intothevertigo, I'm also traveling from Boston!

Did anyone else receive an on campus visit invite for the University of Akron? I'm not sure if I should even respond to the email because it seems to be pretty generic. I won't be able to attend because I'm in Western Canada and am out of money after applying! Thoughts?

Ugh, I know. I looked today and saw that someone was accepted at one of my top schools. The deadline was Jan 15 so I know it's still very early in the game but STILL!

Did anyone else receive an on campus visit invite for the University of Akron? I'm not sure if I should even respond to the email because it seems to be pretty generic. I won't be able to attend because I'm in Western Canada and am out of money after applying! Thoughts?

Is it an open house or interview? If it's an interview, I would go. Take every chance you're given! Also, what top choice gave acceptances on the results page that you were talking about?

Is it an open house or interview? If it's an interview, I would go. Take every chance you're given! Also, what top choice gave acceptances on the results page that you were talking about?

It's just an open house...there is no mention of an official interview in the email. And I was talking about the University of Illinois Urbana-Champain! 

Honestly though, I already have kind of written off Iowa (no interview), Syracuse, and Urbana-Champaign because they were the first schools I applied to and when I went back to reread my letters after applying for my Feb 1 deadlines, I thought that they were ATROCIOUS! haha. They were generic and I repeated myself in a couple of places. Which is too bad because I really liked all of those schools. We will see...

Edited by DeafAudi

@intothevertigo Congrats to you too! I'm traveling from Chicago, going to the first day of interviews. I have no idea what kind of questions to prepare for! My roommate is doing interview for MD programs, and they're all like ethical questions. Should we expect that, or more like "tell us about a time you led"?

@intothevertigo Congrats to you too! I'm traveling from Chicago, going to the first day of interviews. I have no idea what kind of questions to prepare for! My roommate is doing interview for MD programs, and they're all like ethical questions. Should we expect that, or more like "tell us about a time you led"?

I had an interview at the school I was wait-listed at last year, and it was actually pretty laid back. They wanted to know more about why I was applying to their particular program and why I was interested in audiology. They also wanted to know more about my research. Then they talked a bit about their program. Good luck!

That awkward moment when you check the results page and people have gotten accepted and you haven't any word at all yet . :sigh:

Don't like the uncertainty - just put me out of my misery! 

Anyone heard from San Diego?