Audiology-gy-gy-gy

pqo309

It's the same as some programs but I applied to ones that were ~20K or less a year. I won't be eligible for in state tuition and I'm unlikely to get funding or scholarships, being an international student, so I had to be careful where I applied. I admit that the 3 year program sounds nice, though! 

So who on this forum will I maybe be meeting on Friday at UNC!? I'm so excited!!

I'll be there Friday  :)

Where are you coming from? There are two of us coming from Tallahassee. 

I haven't heard from any schools besides Pacific. I'm anticipating hearing from UNL soon as others have posted and they let you know via postal service. Pacific does require you be in person for an interview for the A.uD. program. Plane tickets are so expensive though. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I will be able to swing it.

I haven't heard from any schools besides Pacific. I'm anticipating hearing from UNL soon as others have posted and they let you know via postal service. Pacific does require you be in person for an interview for the A.uD. program. Plane tickets are so expensive though. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I will be able to swing it.

That's too bad about the plane tickets :(. Where are you flying in from? It would have cost me nearly $1500 to come from Canada. I suppose that isn't a lot of money when you consider the big picture, though. Maybe it is the school for you! I hope you hear from UNL soon. Isn't it such a pain seeing others get acceptances when you haven't heard anything yet? 

That's too bad about the plane tickets :(. Where are you flying in from? It would have cost me nearly $1500 to come from Canada. I suppose that isn't a lot of money when you consider the big picture, though. Maybe it is the school for you! I hope you hear from UNL soon. Isn't it such a pain seeing others get acceptances when you haven't heard anything yet?

Yes! It is awful. Hopefully I will get something in the mail today! My flight isn't nearly that much because I am flying from Denver, but my husband would also come. Also, the added expense of lodging. If I go, should I wear a suit?

I was reading the Pacific thread in the SL-P forum because I'm bored at work and someone commented that they felt comfortable in a suit and not overdressed, so I would recommend wearing a suit! :) 

It's the same as some programs but I applied to ones that were ~20K or less a year. I won't be eligible for in state tuition and I'm unlikely to get funding or scholarships, being an international student, so I had to be careful where I applied. I admit that the 3 year program sounds nice, though! 

This is very smart! Out-of-state tuition is such a pain. Best of luck to you!

Good luck to you, I hope it's good news! You've been on a roll!

You aren't doing so bad yourself! I just want all the final decisions so I can chose where I want to go the most. 

Anyone interviewing at UNC on Monday?  I'll be there.  For those who went Friday.. how was it? :)

Hey Intothevertigo! It was good, very relaxed. I see we are applying to a lot of the same schools. Do you have a top choice?

@ AuDCSL - knew you weren't going to be rejected like you thought! Your signature looks amazing with all those schools in the green category. Congratssss!!

Thanks deciBelle, you were right! Congrats to you too!! 

Hey Intothevertigo! It was good, very relaxed. I see we are applying to a lot of the same schools. Do you have a top choice?

Good to know!  We are applying to a lot of the same.  Not sure about my top choice.  I have some favorites, but I am somewhat of an atypical applicant (I am finishing my PhD right now) so making sure I go somewhere where I can continue my research and/or teach are important factors for me, as well as funding.  Where exactly that happens is less important... just trying to find a good fit.  Do you have a top choice?