Official Canadian University Thread 2014

cwasson

Hi guys, 

I'm not sure if there is a thread for this yet, if so, let me know and I will remove this one. In the mean time, post what schools/programs you guys applied for. Also, if anyone knows any dates when people should hear feedback post those too! 

art history, UBC and Concordia, plus unis in Denmark and Norway. frantically hoping my late documents, all international (like me), will be excused if they can make it there by next week...

On the topic of international applications...Anyone else's department at UBC require them to mail printed physical copies of application documents? So frustrating and expensive (international)... all my other schools accepted digital docs.

From what I've seen over the past couple of years, UBC's Political Science department usually responds by the third week of February, while U of T polisci starts to give offers around the first-second week of March.

On the topic of international applications...Anyone else's department at UBC require them to mail printed physical copies of application documents? So frustrating and expensive (international)... all my other schools accepted digital docs.

UBC History dept. asked for physical copies of transcripts only. Luckily everything else was digital. Waterloo, on the other hand, asks for physical copies only after you're offered a place...

York for Social and Political Thought PhD and also for Political Science (Theory), PhD. Expecting to hear back late feb/early march (judging from previous years).

Just got word from Western Ontario that they are going to pass my application to the commitee. Hope this helps MWMK

Thank you reinhard. I got an email from Western saying that my application released to program. I think it is same as yours. BTW Congrats to your admission to Waterloo!!

Thank you reinhard. I got an email from Western saying that my application released to program. I think it is same as yours. BTW Congrats to your admission to Waterloo!!

Thanks, but truthfully I have qualms about going. I really want to go to McMaster to be honest. I get the "feel" that the environment over there fits me better currrently, but some of the non-math staff people are so rude!

Thanks, but truthfully I have qualms about going. I really want to go to McMaster to be honest. I get the "feel" that the environment over there fits me better currrently, but some of the non-math staff people are so rude!

Ic...I hope you can get in! What do you mean by some of the non-math staff are so rude? What happen? May I ask your background since you have had an offer from Waterloo if you don't mind it is too private.