2014 SLP Admissions Thread

Waitlisted at my top choice, Fort Hays State!  Excited! :)  given my low GPA, a wait list is all I could ask for from any of my schools I applied to!   :)

Congrats!! That is awesome news!

Waitlisted at my top choice, Fort Hays State!  Excited! :)  given my low GPA, a wait list is all I could ask for from any of my schools I applied to!   :)

Congrats, Twin!!! I'm hoping that turns into an official acceptance for you very soon :)

Seriously awesome! I can definitely tell that you are dedicated to this field and it's good that they can look beyond the GPA. 

Oooooh I wonder how caterpillar did - her husband applied there too, right? 

Edited by ImpulsiveNixie

Seriously awesome! I can definitely tell that you are dedicated to this field and it's good that they can look beyond the GPA. 

Oooooh I wonder how caterpillar did - her husband applied there too, right? 

He did - but no email yet one way or the other!  :wacko: Needless to say, I IMed him to tell him to keep an eye on his email, and may or may not have it open in another browser so I can ping him if/when it comes in ...

Congrats to everyone who heard good news! I'm not applying until next fall, but I'm lurking around anyway to pick up some tips and get insight into the application process. It looks so nerve-wracking, but you're all doing great! 

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! :) 

just noticed someone got accepted to western carolina!  that is one of my top schools and now I am freaking out!  did anyone else apply there?

For anyone having doubts, my UG GPA was a 3.1 Post bacc 4.0 and my GRE was 152 q 150 v and 4.5 writing. I submitted 5 letters of recc, rocked my SOP for MGH, and have a lot of experience. That being said, GRE/GPA scores are NOT the be all end all!! :)

Although I was really sad I got rejected from Purdue on Friday, I received a letter saying that I am wait listed for Indiana University! This gives me hope because this was one of the harder schools I applied too! I always knew I liked IU better!! 

Go Hoosiers! :) 

just noticed someone got accepted to western carolina!  that is one of my top schools and now I am freaking out!  did anyone else apply there?

Ohhhhh my gosh, I'm going to be on edge now. It's MY TOP SCHOOL. I love the school sooooo much! Its so hard waiting!

I'm accepted to MGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got off the phone with them like an hour ago and I'm finally starting to calm down. Before hearing back from MGH, I had heard from three schools; two of them were rejections and one was waiting list. I was devastated, starting to lose hope, and I was seriously starting to consider my plan B (and Plan C, D, E...) MGH was one of my top choices, and I can't believe it!!! I totally second what NCAR823 said. My GRE Verbal is mediocre (though I'd like to add that English is not my native language and I learned it as an adult, so it's completely unfair to judge my academic skills based on GRE verbal). My undergrad GPA isn't all that amazing either. I'm so happy that my top choice school looked at me as a whole package, not just the numbers.

For those still waiting to hear back from the schools, GOOD LUCK!!!

For those accepted to MGH - I'll be attending the accepted students' event on the 29th. See you there! :)

Edited by shuca

Ohhhhh my gosh, I'm going to be on edge now. It's MY TOP SCHOOL. I love the school sooooo much! Its so hard waiting!

I know another person found out!  I am dying to find out!

My husband was accepted to Fort Hays!!!!! Aaaaahhh we're so excited! After monitoring his email all day, the notification came by postal service. :D:P

CONGRATS!!!! :)  I knew he'd get in!  Now your guaranteed to get out of California for sure now! :)

Ahhhh same here! I'm refreshing my email every five minutes. I am not expecting anything tonight since it is after 5, but now I am even more worried since I didn't hear anything!!!