2014 SLP Admissions Thread

Ahhhh same here! I'm refreshing my email every five minutes. I am not expecting anything tonight since it is after 5, but now I am even more worried since I didn't hear anything!!!

I'm sure you will get in somewhere! Don't freak out yet! :)

got denied from SDSU... I only need one!! so hopefully i get good news soon!

:rolleyes:  *crosses fingers, toes,  and eyes*

I'm sorry!! I hope you get good news soon too!! I will keep my fingers crossed!

My husband was accepted to Fort Hays!!!!! Aaaaahhh we're so excited! After monitoring his email all day, the notification came by postal service. :D:P

OMG!! YAY!!! That is so wonderful. I bet that you guys are just happy and excited. This is going to be a good night for you two!  :rolleyes:

#dancethenightaway #timetogetoutofCA!

Hahaha it's true! Now we won't be stuck here! And thanks! :D

CONGRATULATIONS to your husband! I saw you around here last year so I'm extra happy for you/him! :)

OMG!! YAY!!! That is so wonderful. I bet that you guys are just happy and excited. This is going to be a good night for you two!  :rolleyes:

#dancethenightaway #timetogetoutofCA!

So happy! I honestly feel like a weight has been lifted, especially after our experience last year! 

It was a great night. We had tacos to celebrate. :D

CONGRATULATIONS to your husband! I saw you around here last year so I'm extra happy for you/him! :)

Thank you!! I passed the message along and he told me to pass along his thank you. :) The second time around, getting an acceptance on the very first notification is SUCH a relief!

Thank you!! I passed the message along and he told me to pass along his thank you. :) The second time around, getting an acceptance on the very first notification is SUCH a relief!

Caterpillar, Congrats to you and your husband! I have hope that this time around I will get into a school seeing your husband's story! 

The sappy, saccharin coated message will appear in 3...2...1...

I really have to say how impressed I am with the amount of support and the words of encouragement from those posting on this blog. In good news and not so good news, everyone has really positive and uplifting things to say.  So often, at least with the blogs and comments I regularly read on the interwebz, there are people just trolling for the opportunity to post negative, degrading responses. Kudos to all of you - what an amazing community of people we have here, and I imagine, in our field as a whole!  :)  

The sappy, saccharin coated message will appear in 3...2...1...

I really have to say how impressed I am with the amount of support and the words of encouragement from those posting on this blog. In good news and not so good news, everyone has really positive and uplifting things to say. So often, at least with the blogs and comments I regularly read on the interwebz, there are people just trolling for the opportunity to post negative, degrading responses. Kudos to all of you - what an amazing community of people we have here, and I imagine, in our field as a whole! :)

I think we are so busy being hard on ourselves that we don't want others to feel that way too. :):):)

Congratulations to everyone who's gotten a positive response so far! (Especially Caterpillar's husband, after watching that saga). I'm genuinely thrilled for everyone. And hopefully you'll get the opportunity to feel the same for me if I ever hear from USF.  :)

Yes!! This is one reason why I love our field (and related ones) so much! My friend is in business and her coworkers can be selfish, rude, and only care about money. Not saying this is of all business people, but you definitely have those kinds of personalities. I quickly realized that none of my coworkers (or classmates) are like that. You need to be a good person to be in one of these fields and it's really awesome to be a part of a community of caring, selfless people!

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the thread and wanted to say congratulations to all that have been accepted thus far!!! I'm unfortunately still waiting to hear from all of the universities I've applied to, pins and needles feeling.

Good luck to all of you!

If only I could just bring myself to abandon technology over the next two weeks, maybe I'll come back to something exciting.... If only.

This is exactly how I feel...I think I might try and take the rest of the week off of grad cafe. We'll see how THAT goes! haha. 

Wondering if most people are posting their acceptance/rejections both on this forum and to the results page. If that is the case, I will stop freaking out every time I see an acceptance to one of my schools on either. I have this fear that all of the acceptance spots and slipping away!

Wondering if most people are posting their acceptance/rejections both on this forum and to the results page. If that is the case, I will stop freaking out every time I see an acceptance to one of my schools on either. I have this fear that all of the acceptance spots and slipping away!

I've been doing that because I think there are a lot of people who only review the results page, and don't participate here.

@arthritiskid By the looks of my classmates' twitter accounts, it seems like we aren't the only ones! We're hooked. (my computer wouldn't let me quote your post! Booooo)

Edited by Sammehh