2014 SLP Admissions Thread

Hey! Congratulations on your acceptance! I never could find the link to check status, can you send me the link?? I have tried and tried to log in in different places, but it says it doesn't recognize my email. I don't have a UGA myid either, hummm . . .

Yea that's right! There was a link at the bottom that said decision available or something along those lines.

Yeah I don't think I have that yet haha. Congrats :)

Oh man, reading all your qualifications is really discouraging! ;) But at the same time I am so thrilled to see so many qualified, intelligent individuals going into such a wonderful field! I can't wait to be able to call many of you my professional peers. I only applied to one program, University of Oregon. I am pretty limited to just this location due to my husband business. My GPA and LoR are AWESOME but my GRE really isnt very good. Wish me LUCK!

I'm in the same boat with only applying to one school.  I had interview with them via Skype yesterday, so now I just wait and see if they admit me or not.  :/

Any other Nazareth applicants out there who haven't heard from them yet? I saw someone was accepted today and I just wanted to know if the majority of the people still haven't heard yet. Thanks! 

Any other Nazareth applicants out there who haven't heard from them yet? I saw someone was accepted today and I just wanted to know if the majority of the people still haven't heard yet. Thanks! 

I am a Nazareth applicant, but I have not received any notification yet.  Do you know how they heard?  Mail, email, phone call?  Good luck to you!!!

Oh, yay!! It sounds like the results are rolling in. Waiting, waiting...would you mind sharing your stats?

Sure. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much since they were so adamant about notifying via snail mail.  I'm doing a post-bacc through USU and have a 4.0.  My first BA is Spanish with 3.5ish GPA.  Not too much volunteer work but about 1 year living in South America.  GRE is in my signature.  Also, I'm an in-state applicant.

Hey! Congratulations on your acceptance! I never could find the link to check status, can you send me the link?? 

This was the link https://gradstatus.uga.edu/

madisong23,

I don't have an email from Naz yet! Their portal is also very confusing, so I can't seem to find a "status" on there. <_<  Good luck! :)

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this thread and just want to say congrats to those who have received acceptances! For those who haven't heard anything yet I'm with you! I'm getting more nervous each day I don't hear anything and I've become addicted to the decision board!

Good luck everyone!

For some reason I thought that Nazareth's application deadline was Jan 15, so I emailed them last week because they said they will give decisions "no later than one month past the deadline." The person I e-mailed said, "We email those who are accepted and mail out a packet. For all other decisions, we mail out letters." I took it as "we rejected you" but then realized I still had another week. Except now that week has passed haha -_-. However, if you called and they said they hadn't made a decision yet, that is a good sign! 

Hey Daisy and anyone else wondering about Nazareth,

My friend emailed them today and they told her the 'first round of acceptances' were sent out today. Not sure when we can expect to hear that this point.

This waiting game is like nothing I have ever experienced before.. Good luck!

Hey Daisy and anyone else wondering about Nazareth,

My friend emailed them today and they told her the 'first round of acceptances' were sent out today. Not sure when we can expect to hear that this point.

This waiting game is like nothing I have ever experienced before.. Good luck!

Thank you for the update! The waiting game is awful, but I'm hoping it will just make the good news (if I get any! Eek) even better. 

Gah! You guys, I just made the mistake of reading up again about one of the programs on the school's website and now I want to get into it even more! (It's my first choice school.) But I'm stuck waiting on the decision! This waiting game is just the worst...

Hi guys! I've never posted on here before, I usually just come here to read. I've been seeing some not so great things written about one of the schools I'm applying to on the main Speech Pathology page (idk what to call it lol). The people writing these things claim to be first year grad students and they are basically saying that the program is run really bad and what not. Does anybody know anything about the Speech Pathology program at Syracuse? I took a tour and had an interview and it has been one of my top choices, so I am hoping someone could shed some light on the program a bit! Thanks and good luck to all of you! :)

Hi amspeechie!  I'm also applying to Syracuse and I was wondering the same thing about those posts.  I'm somewhat concerned because, up until this point, I've only heard great things about the program.  What impressions did you get from your tour?

Hi amspeechie!  I'm also applying to Syracuse and I was wondering the same thing about those posts.  I'm somewhat concerned because, up until this point, I've only heard great things about the program.  What impressions did you get from your tour?

I would take what you hear from that site with a grain of salt. You never know who could really be posting. It is also possible that one or two students really don't like the program, but the majority still do. I say trust your instincts and talk to current students either in person or over email.

I was just wondering if anyone has not heard from University of Wisconsin River Falls yet. When I was looking at the admission results page...there are acceptances..rejections and waitlists posted and I have not heard anything yet. Just wondering if I am the only one.

Gah! You guys, I just made the mistake of reading up again about one of the programs on the school's website and now I want to get into it even more! (It's my first choice school.) But I'm stuck waiting on the decision! This waiting game is just the worst...

I see that you applied to Marshall as well! Do you know when we should hear from them? Did you visit the program or know much about it? I feel like I researched a lot of my programs, but couldn't find much on this one.

I see that you applied to Marshall as well! Do you know when we should hear from them? Did you visit the program or know much about it? I feel like I researched a lot of my programs, but couldn't find much on this one.

Oh nice! No, I haven't the faintest about when they'll tell us. I first heard about Marshall when someone from the university came to speak about a program for students on the spectrum they have there and for that reason it always stuck in the back of my mind until it came application time.

Edited by autismadvocate

Re: Syracuse. It could also be an applicant that's trying to increase their own chances...that was honestly my first thought.

Thanks for the advice, lisa19 and Sophia Petrillo. :)  I'm definitely going to trust my gut and take those negative comments with a grain of salt.  

Anyway, best of luck to you all!  I hope everything works out for the best for all of us. :)